Setting up a shop to help support X10hosting

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi,
I think I read somewhere about someone suggesting setting up a shop to sell stuff, like t-shirts to help support x10 hosting. I find it a great idea.
I run some shops selling t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, caps & lots of stuff with designs one can insert on them. May be I can help set one up with say the x10hosting logo or other design deemed fitting with the hope that folks buy them & the profit helps contribute to reducing the financial burden ...
It is relatively easy to set one up, ...
It would take the administrator signing up for a FREE ACCOUNT at CafePress.com (as the owner of the account + as the one to whom the proceeds would be sent to) [takes 2, 3 minutes], providing the images + account details and I or someone found to be more appropriate spending sometime inserting the images on the different articles.
The shop could be up & running within days.
The forum + x10hosting main page provide excellent space for putting an ad or 2 ...
It can be seen as a longterm investment.
The FREE ACCOUNT means no fees of any sort are involved in setting up the shop.

It'd be something like this USA Goodies! or The ultimate joint for Jamaican stuff

My 2 cents.
;)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Have you actually bought a product from a Cafepress company? ... Not saying they aren't a good company, but I have read / heard some bad reviews about their products that are made with people's logos / designs.
( Meaning they may not be up to standard )

lionheart8

Reaction score
I have not bought any articles yet (for some technical reasons, based on my current location), but I intend to, especially my own.
I would not be surprised if their product quality is not perfect ... and I cannot dispute complaints that have been raised.
I am quite sure in the 1.5 years I have been with them though, that their products have been greatly improved, lots of new products added & several aspects of their production processes & materials have been or are being constantly improved.

A key issue to consider is the quality of the graphics submitted. Some guidelines have to be followed to get the best results. That is on the shopkeepers side.

Cafepress itself I'm sure as some feedback from customers shows that for one reason or other some less than satisfying work has been done here & there, which I however would compare to XP appearing on the market & some security or other loopholes are found or Sony producing some laptops & it's discovered that a particular line has faulty batteries or just some few products because of shoddy work in some circles. Otherwise most people are satisfied ...

Here are some people's opinions collected randomly from the Web on the issue of quality...
CafePress Quality | VlogMap Community
marty > Cafepress quality
Amazon.com: CafePress.com: Website Details
FourBux » Is CafePress the best?
Hankins-Lawrence Images Product Information [We have select photos available on a variety of apparel and products such as mousepads, available at our CafePress Store. CafePress does an excellent job with printing, and we have found their customer service to be excellent. In our galleries, those photographs which can be printed on a shirt or other item at CafePress will have a link to the appropriate items at our CafePress Store.]

Alternative is at Zazzle custom t-shirts and more, create or shop for unique designs shipped in 24 hours, though I have no experience with it - one peson who uses both says, though zazzle is better in some aspects, but stuff more expensive, in others Cafepress & he/she prefers Cafepress of the 2.

It is just a suggestion, though which can be thrown out. ;)

Last edited: