Setup phpmyadmin 3 on my Apache 2 server

biscoolcool

Reaction score
Can someone help me setup phpmyadmin on my Apache server? I have Apache 2.2.13 and PHP 5.3.0 installed. I'm running Windows XP Home.Everything works fine. Now I want phpmyadmin 3.3.2.
I downloaded it
I extracted it to pma (in htdocs) I read a bunch tuts how to set it up but none worked.
Then I found the one on the PMA official website but it what way to long and I didn't understand half of it.

Can somebody explain how to set it up (consider me a Newbie). I need the basic settings. (I don't need any advanced settings)

Thanks

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would go for wampserver if I were you, as this installs mySQL, apache, PHP and phpMyAdmin for you.

biscoolcool

Reaction score
I have Wamp but I want to do everything on the Apache server. I like Wamp because you turn it on and everything works.
Anybody got an idea of how to configure phpmyadmin on Apache?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Phpmyadmin comes preconfigured for SQL. I'm not sure I really understand what you mean.

Phpmyadmin opens a connection to the mysql server, and outputs the information. It's impossible to do it only using apache. Can you explain better?

Thanks,
Neil Hanlon

biscoolcool

Reaction score
I have MySQl and Appache. I downloaded PMA. Put it in the htdocs folder. Read tutorials online but none work. I only find PMA 2.X tus but no 3 tutorials. So can you help me setup PMA so I can use it?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
rename 'config.inc.sample.php' to 'config.inc.php'. Open that file and set the $blowfish_secret (something along the lines of this, might be named a little different) to a random value and you should be ready to go.

allofus

Reaction score
http://www.uniformserver.com/

Uniserver is like xampp, comes with

Apache
Mysql
phpmyadmin
php 5

There is pretty much no configuration needed, easier to setup than xampp.

I have used both but if you are first time I suggest you try uniserver over xampp.
Edit:
p.s
apache is a server mysql is a server, phpmyadmin is a gui for the sql server.

Last edited:

biscoolcool

Reaction score
rename 'config.inc.sample.php' to 'config.inc.php'. Open that file and set the $blowfish_secret (something along the lines of this, might be named a little different) to a random value and you should be ready to go.

I did what you said still I get this error
phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

allofus I know of uniform but I want to have a normal apache server.

Last edited: