Site down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopetek

Reaction score
Hi

I had no idea I had warnings on my account. I am building the site and being new to this I had made mistakes and had to backup and download. I messed that up too so a friend did it on his computer. We downloaded a 144meg backup twice. Please put my site back online, I will be paying for it and a domain name as soon as it I have finished building it and that should not be too long, maybe a month. We have moved to your servers after 3 years with our last host (spruz network) as paying customers and will be with you for years. I tell you this to try and show you that we are not abusing your free service.

Please put my site back online.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i have un-suspended your account. Please check into any scripts or plugins you use that may be using a large amount of resources on our server, otherwise the server will automatically suspend you again.

dopetek

Reaction score
I have a chat box on my site that refreshes every 10 seconds. Could it be that?

And, THANK YOU!

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You're very welcome. Yes, it would almost definitely be that chat box. Best to remove it. :)

dopetek

Reaction score
I really need it at the moment while building the site but I have changed the refresh to once every 240 seconds. Do you think that is ok for the time being?

I am working on geting an ajax one going that won't auto refresh.

Sorry to be a pain.

It seems I have been shut down again. I shall make it even longer. Once every 2000 seconds, thats over half hour.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Under server usage in the TOS:
Shoutbox\Chat Scripts Use of these scripts is strictly forbidden due to the amount of MySQL queries they take. Accounts found with chat scripts or shoutboxes will be suspended.

Please remove that chatbox as it's forbidden and it's hogging your resources.

dopetek

Reaction score
It is ajax now but I can remove it. I installed a new one. If I pay for my account can I use one? If I put my database on another server would that be ok? I need sleep but I shall wait for a reply.
Edit:
Ok I have moved my site to another host (a friend) and will be leaving mine offline while I work on it. I now have my own domain too. I will be using your services so do not delete me please. I will be logging on and updating my site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.