SMTP/110 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejweb

Reaction score
I've searched the forum for SMTP/110 Error but not able to find a resolution. I created a local, email account under my domain and has been working great for the past year or so. But lately, the past week, I'm able to still receive emails - but cannot send. The error I'm getting is;

• Message not sent. Server replied: Connection timed out 110 Can't open SMTP stream.
I've deleted the email account via my control panel, went back in and re-created it. Then I tried to send an email which still comes up with the same error. For some reason I can receive but not send emails from my free, hosting account. Do I need to do anything or does the server admin need to do something? Thanks...

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I dont think that is a problem from the server as others are happy with working smtp.
Can we debug!!
Please try reconfiguring afresh.
Send email to different clients -gmail,yahoo,msn etc.,
It should go.
Also configure this one differently i.e., previously it was emai
Revert back

ejweb

Reaction score
The way I'm sending email is via the web browser from; http://ejweb.pcriot.com:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php.

It then comes up with "Read mail with Squirrelmail" link. I click on the link and my emails comes up. So I'm able to receive emails. When I reply or compose a new email through the "webmail" option under my account, it comes back with the 110/SMTP error mentioned. Any idea why I cannot send email through the built-in, included Squirrelmail that is included in the free account? It has worked fine for the past year or so...
PS: I have tried sending emails to other addresses including gmail, etc. I also checked the settings of the email account. I even created a second, new email account and try sending an email from my account's squirrelmail as before - same error. Otherwise, all looks the same, but still get the error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.