SMTP Problems

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Some people may be experiencing problems with SMTP here is the fix.

Note* This is only for E-mail clients not webmail

The new servers require authentication. So under your account settings find a server tab and under outgoing server check the box that says "this server requires authentication" (keep the box checked that says same as incoming server if it asks)

For outlook express
-Toos
-Accounts
-Find your account and click properties
-Click the server tab
-Check the very last box that says "My outgoing server requires authentication"

If you have a different client and are not sure how to do it, post here.

Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Also on top of different account settings, some ISP's maybe blocking exernal SMTP ports (those that are not part of their network), mainly to try and combat spamming from their services/servers, etc.

If you are still having issues, post here, but if the does not seem to be a problem with the server try contacting your ISP about them possibly blocking port 25 to exernal servers. This is my main problem as my ISP (and nearlly all in NZ) are controlled by a central telecommunications corporation that does not allow ISP's to allow people to use external SMTP ports.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TheJeffsta said:
Also on top of different account settings, some ISP's maybe blocking exernal SMTP ports (those that are not part of their network), mainly to try and combat spamming from their services/servers, etc.

If you are still having issues, post here, but if the does not seem to be a problem with the server try contacting your ISP about them possibly blocking port 25 to exernal servers. This is my main problem as my ISP (and nearlly all in NZ) are controlled by a central telecommunications corporation that does not allow ISP's to allow people to use external SMTP ports.
That would have caused them problems before, I just wanted to mention this because it's a side effect of the server move. But thanks :)

sumanjana

Reaction score
In my website there is an activation process through email as a part of the registration process, but these script is not working. Even my "forget password" script is not working. These problem is going on for few days. My script has no bug because it was working in the old server and in the new server too.
Please help me how can I fix this problem?(Regarding Webmail)

Regards
Suman

teresapham96

Reaction score
my SMTP is not working either, my "forget password" mail has not been sent to my yahoo email!

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
DNS Lookups are not working. Can corey check the /etc/resolv.conf?

Also, can they enable smtp on port 26 -- that will allow people to use it (On aol :p)