Soccer Site

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently made this site http://turtles.x10hosting.com/ for our soccer team. The forum isn't working at the moment, but hopefully will be running in the near future.
Critical comments would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
First put the menu little down as it hides the tag line behind.

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
First put the menu little down as it hides the tag line behind.
Ok,
Do you mean the menu bar hides the Title?
If you do, then I totally see what you mean, and I'll fix it ASAP
Thanks!! :biggrin:

Anything else??

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
You have a lot do on this. The graphics are nice but there's no content, images are overlapping each other etc...

I'll give you 3/10...

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
Ok, yea the content is something i really need to work on.
but, what do you mean by the images are overlapping??
Thanks for the criticism

easykey

Reaction score
If you view the site in Firefox all the tabs are in the wrong place. Seems OK in IE.

Other than that the Turtles logo seems to offset your header to the right. This might be what you want but it looks a bit odd. Try and blend it into the site a bit more so it looks like part of the design and not an afterthought.

Lastly - the forum is a bit of a bolt on. Why not allow people to leave comments on each match, like a user built match review. It's possibly one for the future but it would make the site more interactive for the people involved.

Hard to judge it without much content but it seems pretty good otherwise.

FalseHope

Reaction score
You need to fix your header. Put all the buttons in the same table. Then the text and banner above it. Maybe make a banner for the whole header ;)

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
ok guys thanks for your really helpful suggestions
Easykey, how would I fix the images not showing up on Firefox? I'm only 14 and this is my first site, so I don't know much about this.
Thanks again for being so helpful

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Football Rocks!

You could have more Info about your "team" on the site though. At first I did not even know you where a Football team.

3/5

easykey

Reaction score
Maybe the masthead div in not wide enough for the buttons. Try increasing the width:50em and see what works.

Did you use a css template? The css contains different units - ems/px. Not unusual but personally I find it very hard to debug and you often get this sort of thing happening especially when you make a small change to the site.

Try this site when you're done to test out the look.

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
Hmm yes I do have a css template... any idea where I would find the value that changes the width?

And thanks very much for that site - it was very helpful!

easykey

Reaction score
I meant a pre-made css template... and it looks like you changed it already. Looks fine now.

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
Well yes I did have a stab at the CSS file, and I changed a value from 100 - 150, but that was completely random!
I guess I was lucky!
thanks easykey

FalseHope

Reaction score
The template doesn't look like it was pre-made. It looks like it is original. :p

Turtle Dude

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering, I want to put a chat room on my site, which web application/script or whatever would you recommend :dunno:??
thx :biggrin: