SOLVED: ATI Catalyst + DirectShow + Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
K, see if you can follow me on this. I've got a tv, and right now, it's set up to clone what the monitor sees.

That parts working just fine, except for pretty much every DVD Player I've thrown at it - none of the dvd players are cloning properly. They show on the main monitor, but not on the tv (the window FOR the player is on the tv, but the movie itself is missing).

I find that odd because everything else I've thrown at it clones just fine, including video games and old-school game emulators, which WERE set to use DirectX.

Now from what I can find on google it's got something to do with DirectShow.

My question is this: how in the heck can I get the tv to clone what the monitor sees, INCLUDING the video that is playing? I've already tried switching to other plugins, but the ones the varying players came with (Nero Showtime, VLC, WMP, MPC) aren't working. Is there some plugin I haven't found yet that might work?

Edit: Forgot the good stuff too -_-'

ATI Radeon 9250
VLC, Nero Showtime, MPC, and WMP
Pretty sure I'm on the latest ATI Catalyst as well; it's not giving me much information on it to find out though.

Edit: Helps if I read the damned manual now doesn't it. Video>Theatre Mode, change Overlay Display in clone mode to Theatre Mode -_-'

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.