Some changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
You will notice some changes next time you login to cPanel, it's gone! (Not really, seriously) But you will notice the login page has been changed, and also our custom theme has some minor changes, the inactivity reminder is gone, and has been replaced by a server status area, which will notify you of server issues. There are some more changes comming soon, so please stay tuned. And, as always thanks for being a part of x10Hosting!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Bah, no changes to paid :(

I'm switching back to free ;)

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
i'll get with big C about changing some paid things, maybe giving you guys a 24ct gold theme ;)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
it's kt russ. :p

/me beta tested the login. >.>

frankfriend

Reaction score
Would a poll that focussed on finding out what people actually use on cpanel help? For example I use the File Management, Fantastico, AWStats mostly.
That might make it possible to provide alternatives to cpanel which could overcome the present problems.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well the new cPanel login fits quite nicely with the main site :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
i'll get with big C about changing some paid things, maybe giving you guys a 24ct gold theme ;)

:drool:

What about a CPanel program that adds $100 to my bank account?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
We have that, it's those annoying ads, but right now it only supports corey's bank account. ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
Would a poll that focussed on finding out what people actually use on cpanel help? For example I use the File Management, Fantastico, AWStats mostly.
That might make it possible to provide alternatives to cpanel which could overcome the present problems.

That's a good suggestion frankfriend, though of course hopefully Corey will find a solution to the downtime problem which doesn't require the loss of cPanel at all.

Further to your suggestion, I don't know anything about the admin side of cPanel, but perhaps it's already possible for staff to see stats on which features are getting most used in cPanel, without the need for a members poll?

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
We are working on something, hopefully in the next few days we'll announce whats going on behind the scenes. From the looks of things, if you look at the cossacks post under server status, it's users seem to be noticing a better uptime. ;-)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad I never got to see those changes, my cPanel won't load =/

What happened to choosing the cPanel theme? I really liked that black and silver one.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like the idea of x10Hosting's new cPanel design. Although it's rare that random people will visit the cPanel of a website, it's better to spread the word about x10Hosting as much as possible, and I think the cPanel log-in design is a good way to do that subtly.

What happened to choosing the cPanel theme? I really liked that black and silver one.
Yea, I remember that too, I used to have the black theme but one day it switched back to a universal x10Hosting theme. It's not really that important for me, though, so I don't really mind.

yulifan

Reaction score
I just tried to enter my cPanel but after typing the username and password... it shows nothing... yeah, nothing. It shows a completely white page.

If I read the source code it shows only this:

Code:
<!-- cPanel [11.24.4-CURRENT_36167] (pro,pro) Copyright (c) 1997-2008 cPanel, Inc. Licensed on chopin.x10hosting.com -->

Should I do something else? Is it a bug?

My page is on Stoli Adfree.

successp

Reaction score
I'm on cossacks
Well. the cPanel looks the same to me. I guess this doesn't apply to my server right now...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I noticed some missing database options, as well as the replacement of the inactivity timer with the ad box. But other than that, everything looked untouched.
Edit:
Oh yeah, I did notice a different login gui than before. Just a pop up window asking for name and password. If these are all the changes that are necessary to have more uptime, I'd say it's well worth it.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually i was on cossacks but now its changed to Lotus :nuts:

What Happend to Cossacks.... :dunno:

Why is it so??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.