Some pages not fully loading

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by lionheart8, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionheart8

lionheart8 New Member

I have a web directory [php, mysql based + Smarty templates] I am constructing & have been manually adding links or importing some from DMOZ. There has been no problem with it.
    I have not touched the code for many weeks ....
    In spite of that, when I try to "fetch" a url in the admin panel, which normally loads in a page showing the title, keywords, etc fetched from a given site or if I try to go to DMOZ, the expected page does not fully load, just showing the upper parts of it - some 2 tables with the menu & just a bit of the next table, with the rest of the page blank.

I thought if somehow part of the code was damaged, uploading a copy would repair it. It did not, though I am sure the back up was ok. When I last did that over a week ago, everything was ok & I did not touch anything in between.

What could be the cause?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  2. Brandon

Brandon Former Senior Account Rep Community Support

Does this use fsockopen(), as it's been disabled as there is too much abuse.

3. lionheart8

lionheart8 New Member

Hi,
    I have no idea whether it uses that function. I have to ask the script writer.
    I had otherwise got this response after posting on the support forums http://www.astanda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=561

I will post the response as soon as I get one.
    Edit:
    Please have a look at the script authors response below:
    Would that mean the end of this project for me, further developing & preparing it for launching or his suggestion at the bottom has a chance, of allowing it for some accounts? :confused:
    Edit:
    Hey ...

This (new?) automerging of some posts may sometimes give the impression it's still just one post & so whoever is supposed to look at not have their attention drawn to the article, because they think they have already read it.

An example, in the posting above I wrote
    quite sometime before

<= Response from ADP directory script author

Could that be the reason there is been no response, yet? I may of course be wrong & it has been read, in which case just ignore this. I'm in any case keeping an eye on this article. :happysad:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  4. Corey

Corey I Break Things Staff Member

I think this is solved, if it is not please re-open this thread.

-Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.