Some problem with memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi Corey

I have a number of things running well, including some CMS scripts I'm testing, except some 2 Drupal sites, which out of the blue, both will not open. I instead get this error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes)
/home/xprt007/public_html/drupal5/modules/currency/currency_api/currency_api.module on line 217
I at first thought it's some modules, like in the above case, the currency module were responsible, but if I disabled it, another module would be identified.

I thought such a script would use more memory resources when the site is probably being used by many folks, but since none of the sites is launched or publicly available, that's not the case.. One of the sites actually, unlike the other has almost only the few system modules and no one apart from me has the url

I have been testing the CMS for many months never with this problem.

In the Drupal FAQ, they suggest contacting the host in such cases to increase the allocated memory, eg. to 16MB ... or if one has access to I think the php.ini file to increase it from there manually, - something which is not possible as mentioned on the new Cpanel.

So what could be the cause? Any solution?

Regards.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm having a few issues on the sustained server right now with PHP. I need to wait for Corey to get back before I can change some stuff around for it.

It shouldn't be long - sorry for the wait.

Edit: I set the memory limit higher for scripts for the time-being. That should eliminate the memory errors for now until I can fix the other issues that are going on.

Last edited:

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for your response.
Actually the problem is still there, at 19:45 GMT, but still waiting & hoping it will be resolved.

Actually just discovered another problem when i try to log in to the administrative area of a directory (separate from Drupal CMS) script:

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/..../public_html/....

or probably not..... Sometime later I was able to log in with no problem.... It was may be a temporary problem. ;;) - but as said, the "memory" problem is still there.

Whatever is causing this must have come up after I went to sleep at 1:00am Berlin time [I think 11:00pm GMT], because everything was working fine b4 that.

Regards.

Last edited:

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi
One of my Drupal sites (newly installed b4 problems surfaced) is now accessible and not giving the used up memory error, but the main one is still not accessible. I noted this when I saw a posting of someone having installation problems with Drupal 5.1, in the thread where PHP problems are supposed to be submitted, and then went to check on mine.
A little bit more of what was done to enable some of the Drupal sites to load in the last 12 hours .[probably more memory set in php.ini (?)] or so could may be get my other site back online. In any case, the Drupal Forums say one requests the host, ....

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
You can try setting it yourself, create a php.ini file in the root of the Drupal directory, and put this in it:
Code:
memory_limit 20M

lionheart8

Reaction score
You can try setting it yourself, create a php.ini file in the root of the Drupal directory, and put this in it:
Code:
memory_limit=20M

I tried it and even:

ini_set('memory_limit', '12M'); to your sites/default/settings.php file from Drupal.
I experimented with up to 30M, but thought it could may be cause some problem elsewhere.

One user had suggested your solution above & it worked for him, but not for another.

I think the problem has something to do with the ongoing changes, which I hope will be corrected. I have had no similar problem since I joined and I have been using Drupal all along. The problem started sometime in the early hours (local time) of the day I made the original post.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'll look into this some more in a minute, along with other PHP-related issues that people are having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.