Spam Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

interne3

Reaction score
There has been a report for my site hosted on x10Hosting to have phishing on it. We have no intention of having phishing, so we deleted it. Unfortunately, SURBL, a database we have been blacklisted in for that accidental incident has emailed abuse@x10hosting.com when I sent a removal. The link I was blacklisted for was http://www.timeworld-forum.tk/support | I will accept any punishment, however, I will just say that this was an accidental incident and that we have no intention of doing any sort of phishing. I am so sorry for this incident and hope that this will never happen again.

This post was just to inform x10Hosting about this incident.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's not live anymore it won't cause a suspension (we don't actively suspend unless it's still live); just keep an eye on it from here forward and make sure your software is up-to-date and secured. If it would get compromised again in the future and get suspended, dispute it - if it's a genuine hack/exploit/compromise, we do give second chances :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually saw that email last night before seeing this thread; the same rule applies (if it isn't live anymore, don't suspend). We get enough automated "reports" that end up being false positives that we check everything, even if it goes by email, to make sure it's actually a problem. I've lost count of the number of reports we've had for pages that don't exist because the account owner fixed it before we got the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.