Ssd hd

vol7ron

Reaction score
Is anyone using a SSD hard drive?

If so, does anyone have one of the Intel's?

Again, if so.. do you notice the difference between the Intels and two Raptors in RAID?

crabbypup

Reaction score
well, it should be alot slower because generally speaking you will see a 25% performance hit IN WRITE compared to HDD's but for read it should be about the same. also what raid mode are you using? this matters a lot as raid 5 and raid 1 are faster than single drives whereas raid 0 is the same or slower because all the drives are clones of each other, not acting as one larger drive. raid 5 is typically the best type of raid to run for storage space/redundancy/speed benefits. also SSD's are very expensive. typically about $100 for a 32gb drive. they have been coming down in price, but the longer you wait the cheaper they will be.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not using any SSD drives. Right now, they're more expensive if I were to compare my VelociRaptors to an SSD drive. Sure, I'll probably be using one in the future, but until they get as cheap as my VelociRaptors or can offer more space for a little bit more money, I'm not getting one. Reason is, I'm a gamer and all it takes is one or two of my games and an OS to fill many of the SSD drives out there.