SSL NOT working on STARKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

deal4save

Reaction score
SSL is not working on starka server !

(Error Code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Full Error:

An error occurred during a connection to starka.x10hosting.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Last edited:

deal4save

Reaction score
So it seems like SSL feature doesn't exist has advertised.

It's a lie.

dlukin

Reaction score
It's not working on Lotus.
It's not working on Chopin.

Code:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to lotus.x10hosting.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

is the error FireFox displays.

Code:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

from IE

Code:
This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://lotus.x10hosting.com/~dlukin/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 9 (net::ERR_UNEXPECTED): Unknown error

from Chrome.

If you happen to have an account on a free server, try

https://serverName.x10hosting.com/~cPanelName/

and you should get the same set of errors.

Replace the https with http and you get the site.

deal4save

Reaction score
It seems like that x10hosting staff doesn't really care about this situation.

What a shame !

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
This is not a high priority issue right now currently the updates listed in this thread are being done. SSL will be addressed after the server stability and making cpanel work for the current situation. Staff will get to this as soon as they have finished the upgrades. We apologize for the inconvenience.

dlukin

Reaction score
This is not a high priority issue right now currently the updates listed in this thread are being done. SSL will be addressed after the server stability and making cpanel work for the current situation. Staff will get to this as soon as they have finished the upgrades. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You are speaking in an official capacity for the owners of x10hosting?

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I am speaking on what has been said in the listed post and what i have learned on the irc.

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
I am speaking on what has been said in the listed post and what i have learned on the irc.

You are stating like you are an official source.

Please state who gave you this information so we know who to attribute it to.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I am sorry for that i didnt mean that as the intention. The staff of x10 will say that in their title. Comunity members will say that and have some information but not all.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score

What wiivsps3 said is right and it is official note.

dlukin

Reaction score
I am sorry for that i didnt mean that as the intention. The staff of x10 will say that in their title. Comunity members will say that and have some information but not all.

So, you have no official capacity, but you like to make statements like you are.

Do everybody a favor. Don't.

There are several problems which require someone on Staff to address. We don't need people "guessing" what Staff will do or say. We need answers.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I have answers because i talk to staff so i can do this as it is part of what the community does those of us who have expierence with the service and web dev in general help by finding out information and passing it along.

dlukin

Reaction score
What wiivsps3 said is right and it is official note.

So, Corey and Bryon are aware that SSL does not work. They also are aware that two of the three webmail clients are inoperable. They also know that people cannot use SMTP to Google Apps because the ports are blocked. They are also aware that email notification in cron jobs is inoperable.

Is that what you are saying?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
So, Corey and Bryon are aware that SSL does not work. They also are aware that two of the three webmail clients are inoperable. They also know that people cannot use SMTP to Google Apps because the ports are blocked. They are also aware that email notification in cron jobs is inoperable.

Is that what you are saying?

Yes they are aware of everything, and they will fix these issue but it may take time. Because there are many other things to do which you can`t see or feel.

Please have patience and cooperate with us. Thank you

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
They also are aware that two of the three webmail clients are inoperable.
I have personally given this particular information to staff a few times lately. Have not received "official" answer yet, but I do know they are aware because I made them aware. On the other issues, Zubair has access to much information due to his current position and I have never known him to post inaccurate information about anything.

EDIT:
There has been an update to the webmail issue:
See This Thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.