Starka server problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
All day today the starka server seems to have been having problems (sometimes pages not loading, sometimes errors, but ping always working). I just checked on cpanel, and cpu use is at 16.18 (with a red exclamation mark denoting problem next to this). Is someone running some really cpu-intensive scripts or is there some other issue with the server?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sometimes people abuse the server. The server load should come down shortly.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
As JtWhite said, people abuse the server. And usually the server isn't at a constant of 16+ server load. It's just a high spot that either a lot of people are doing something, or apache is restarting, or something like that. Just wait it out, it will all work out (as JTwhite said).

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I just wasn't sure since the problems had lasted from roughly 12pm until 5pm ECT (maybe even later?), which suggests someone had been majorly abusing the server. It is fine now though.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
The same thing is happening right now: ping works fine, but my page isn't loading, and only the cpanel login page is loading, when trying to login I don't get any more data from the server.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the server alerts for more information.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Silly me, I just noticed the server alerts, and was going to edit my post...

roracle

Reaction score
I'm using Starka for my site, and I just got a job to build a web site for a local daycare. I need to have a mock-up made for the owner to look at and was going to upload it here for her to view. I was wondering if there was any new info on the Apache compile so I might know when to expect the server to be back up and running. Thanks a million guys!

BTW, are you guys using a custom Linux server, or is it RedHat or Ubuntu or something? I'm sure you can find packages to update Apache somewhere without having to recompile it.

~Rory

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We are currently having some issues with the recompile. We will bring it back up as soon as we can.

We use CentOS for our servers. We can not use prebuilt packages because they do not offer the flexibility we need.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
What kind of errors do you get in the compile?
I believe that this type of information is confidential, so don't get surprised if an admin doesn't reply.

rei hino

Reaction score
I believe that this type of information is confidential, so don't get surprised if an admin doesn't reply.

Don't see why it is. We as members hosted on this server should know.

I really am getting annoyed by this.. hopefully it's fixed soon.

If attacks and people abusing this server continues than I suggest the staff move us to a better server.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

If attacks and people abusing this server continues than I suggest the staff move us to a better server.

Any information regarding server-side issues is kept confidential to prevent other hosts from seizing facts about how x10Hosting runs.

Staff members are currently working extremely hard to get this problem fixed as soon as possible.

If you would like to be placed in a better server, we have exceptional, reliable, and cheap premium hosting that you can purchase:

http://x10hosting.com/premium.php

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score

The information released could leak information about the servers and this could set the servers at risk.

i.e. If a cracker knows a hole in a certain program and finds out that x10 uses that program, he could use that knowledge to exploit x10.

Last edited:

snipersinstinct

Reaction score
ok thanks, do u know how long it could b at most? i dont get much time on and this was the night i planned on starting and finishing my site

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll just have to wait. It's very difficult to solve server issues, especially ongoing ones. Check the thread every few minutes.

I promise staff is working as hard as they can to resolve this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.