Steam no work..

Skyline4life

Reaction score
ok, i made a topic long ago, about CSS not working..I have found out that its steam it self (im guessing)

Now im still getting around 10-12 FPS when i shuld be getting around 70-80 like usal. I reformated my computer a few weeks ago, and befor the format my steam worked fine. I have updated my Video Drviers to the latest ones, and my chipset drivers. I have DirectX 9 or what ever its called.

Specs:
gfx card: Nvida 6600 128mb
Ram: 1Gb
Mobo: Athon 64 3000+

now, mabey this could lead us to the prob, but when i open up soruce i get this:
bar3zi.gif

When ever, i open up steam and its in the tray i always get that. I can't Exit out of that, unless i get out of steam. Also when any other window opens up IE counter strike, i get the same thing. Also The "store" tab always says loading, and never loads.

I have noticed that when i start my own sever my ping is usaly 25-30..When usaly it woudl be 5 (Sbc yahoo DSL YAY!)
This server, Shuld be pinging around 20.
server1ab.gif

then we get to my FPS, I used to get 70-80, now its down to 10-12.

Any ideas? Im stumped, I have tired Reinstalling steam and stuff.. Its only this game, cause Need for speed most wanted Run fine, on high settings.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Spyware / Adware problem. It's on your computer, because my Steam works fine! Lol, sucka. Anyways you should really get support from the Steam Forums @ steampowered.com because this board isn't for Steam Support.

knoxoqe

Reaction score
Skyline4life, same thing was going with me, i searched the official steam forums in hope for a response to my problem, nothing, everyone was having the same problem. Three days later, steam releases an update that fixes the FPS problem in Counter-Strike 1.6. They later said that the problem was not yet fixed for CSS and that they were working on it. That's got a be your problem. Keep checking the steam forums, interesting stuff is found there.

Jordan K

Reaction score
knoxoqe said:
Skyline4life, same thing was going with me, i searched the official steam forums in hope for a response to my problem, nothing, everyone was having the same problem. Three days later, steam releases an update that fixes the FPS problem in Counter-Strike 1.6. They later said that the problem was not yet fixed for CSS and that they were working on it. That's got a be your problem. Keep checking the steam forums, interesting stuff is found there.

:roflwerd: I've had no problems with my steam. Although I have a cracked steam that lets me play all the games for free. And it has cool features like, can't be kicked or banned from servers, VAC doesn't detect hacks, if your account is VAC banned for cheating, you can still play on VAC servers, etc... So I don't know if it may just be my Steam that works for me. :drool:

knoxoqe

Reaction score
civilr said:
knoxoqe said:

:roflwerd: I've had no problems with my steam. Although I have a cracked steam that lets me play all the games for free. And it has cool features like, can't be kicked or banned from servers, VAC doesn't detect hacks, if your account is VAC banned for cheating, you can still play on VAC servers, etc... So I don't know if it may just be my Steam that works for me. :drool:

That kind of steam wasn't affected by the FPS drop bug. Your safe from VALVe's stupid bugs. :)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
hm after all the updates, steam works fine for me

well if your ping is up, its possible the server moved yet kept the same ip.. the farther you are from the server the greater the ping difference from what ive noticed

duno why steam is acting up like that.. have you tried uninstalling and checking if the reg entry was deleted too?

i use sbc yahoo dsl and i get pings of 20-60 so be glad

i think it might just be a reg or installation issue

Josh

Uber No0b
Reaction score
does anyone know if steam will ban you if there's two ips logged in at once from different countries? I have a friend in japan and I borrowed his account, but steam temporaraly suspended it once he logged in.

knoxoqe

Reaction score
Josh said:
does anyone know if steam will ban you if there's two ips logged in at once from different countries? I have a friend in japan and I borrowed his account, but steam temporaraly suspended it once he logged in.

No, it will only ban you if your caught cheating with that account. You'll be banned from that account even if your japanese friend was the one that cheated.
I advise you to buy a new account for yourself, because you can have problems with two people playing at the same time in the same account.

Jordan K

Reaction score
The new rule Steam has implemented into their system is that only one person can be connected to an account at one time. (before they used to have it so two people could use the same account, but not play in the same server). This sucks now for many people that share accounts (this may be friends, or among your houself-families who share one Steam account) because now they can't. :hsdance:

Skyline4life

Reaction score
well, i tired using directx 8 and it made the game load up fadter..but i was still stuck in the same issue.