Stoli Apache Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightcon

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed many many many times over the past couple of months but I really need to clarify some information. On the x10 homepage 99.9% average uptime is advertised, has that figure been calculated as a total over the past 2 years or do you guy's just omit these problems with Stoli. I understand that you are a free host and that you are all volenteers but still, I have tried both yesterday as well as today to intall SMF for my sites forums and each time I finish uploading the files using FTP apache goes offline. It was offline for 5 hours yesterday and now again today. I know your trying to delete old accounts to improve server stability but could you do it as a batch job when the server is under the least load or do it during scheduled maintenance where the server is deliberatly taken offline.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but i'm just frustrated with not being able to get my site uploaded and configured.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
The uptime should be better once the account terminations are done and once we get our new site out.

The administrators do their best to keep the uptime high, but you have to remember they all have lives outside of x10. You also need to remember sometimes issues may arise that my cause difficulty in starting apache.

Nobody likes downtime, but when you use a free services you have to expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.