Sub-account access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdieusG

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, maybe a sub-account access for people you can specify?
Example, I'm developing a site, along with a team, and you don't want to pass out the main login information, there a way to add a "sub-account" for a specified domain/directory so that you can allow specific access to directories, using CPanel, for CPanel?

Not sure if it's well described......low on coffee and 10PM.....:bash:

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You can create FTP accounts in cPanel to give limited file access (when the user signs in to the account, the server chroots to the directory). When you wrote "using cPanel", did you mean you want to use cPanel to create the account using cPanel or that the other accounts could use cPanel?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The other idea is locating a Content Management System that does what you want and using that; no cpanel/ftp access needed if the CMS does it for you :)

Think Wikipedia in that sense - no direct account access but thousands of users can contribute with ease (doesn't distribute files particularly well though, but there's bound to be a Project oriented CMS somewhere).

OdieusG

Reaction score
You can create FTP accounts in cPanel to give limited file access (when the user signs in to the account, the server chroots to the directory). When you wrote "using cPanel", did you mean you want to use cPanel to create the account using cPanel or that the other accounts could use cPanel?

Right, that's exactly what I mean....I know there are a lot of non-advanced users, and CPanel can get overwhelming to people who don't know what some of the functions really are.....and don't need to know :p
I know the FTP access works, but of course, for some of the newbie developers, FTP is more confusing, so at least at this venue, that's an option

About LiveWire's comment, in layman's terms, "Yeah, like that" :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.