Suggestion to the helpers..

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Okay, i've been out of the game awhile around here, and don't really have any clue as to what all has changed. But, one thing i've noticed are these new helper levels, which are great. However, my feelings on this is that you guys (And, girls?) need to continue to act professional. Now, I am not suggesting you can't be blunt and to the point with some people who break rules, then post here wondering why they are suspended, but don't be rude about it.

Being rude to the clients looks bad, sure, the person will probably not become a paid member, which is fine. Their sites still do earn some money for x10, But my point is this, If I were a person who was looking to pay for hosting, and saw some of the posts on here, i'd turn and run. Just the cold honest truth. And, about the paid members x10 has, they too see the post, most of them are still very active on the forums, and read it on a daily basis. They need to see the professionalism of the posts, and not the negative, derogatory comments made to the users who break rules. Just my 2 cents, and suggestion.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, this makes sense. I don't know if I've saw any of the posts you're talking about though, it may be only a specific helper.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, this makes sense. I don't know if I've saw any of the posts you're talking about though, it may be only a specific helper.

Hopefully it's not me, I'm only being blunt on the ones for Zero Tolerance suspensions (and that does include the Unsupported Language ones, but so far I've tried to stick away from those until the user cops a 'tude with x10 about that being a change, cause the only change was moving it to zero-tol and not allowing Google Translate).

On the rest, I'm stickin' out. So many of the posts could be answered with a simple search anyways >_<

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn't apply to me :p

Actually, if this is something that started recently, it can't be me, because I've been gone for the past two days! :p

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm getting scared! On all the post I am, I recall only one, recently, where I've been blunt... but the user was not very friendly either...

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
but don't be rude about it.

Saying the reason and if it is under zero tolerance policy. Then telling that the account cannot be unsuspended is not a crime.

Being rude to the clients looks bad,

sure I accepts that.

And, about the paid members x10 has, they too see the post, most of them are still very active on the forums, and read it on a daily basis. They need to see the professionalism of the posts, and not the negative, derogatory comments made to the users who break rules. Just my 2 cents, and suggestion.

The truth always huts. But try to tell in professional manner. Ok That is a good point.

I'm getting scared! On all the post I am, I recall only one, recently, where I've been blunt... but the user was not very friendly either...

May be not pointing you. :dunno: :hahano:

Just my 2 cents.... :cool:

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope I'm not being too blunt to people. When I write my posts, I'd normally write them in a natural tone of voice as in normal talking. Rarely (and I do mean rarely) do I post a post in an angry tone. For debates, yeah, I'd post up in a debate tone. Others may read my posts differently with other tones, but I am trying to be as nice as possible whenever I make a post regardless of what the issue is. That's the only thing about text-based communication. So many meaning can come out of it.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
I try to be quick and straight to the point about things, and I may be (unintentionally) a bit blunt with some of the Zero-Tolerance issues, but I'm never intentionally rude. Please, if any of you guys notice me slipping, PM me to call me out on it(and if you can, point out specific instances). I can't fix it if I don't realize I'm doing it, and if I'm doing it, I probably don't realize it!

--- Mr. DOS

Danielx386

Reaction score
I hope i'm not that bad, and if anyone got an issue, just pm me or send me an email. It not that hard.

(I'm saying this because people get scared of me and they think I will bite then, not true)

perlplan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the helpers work for the company, but maybe they could get this to someone there if they don't......some simple basic instruction on your cgi directory such as

path to perl for the perl shebang
chmod for those who haven't opened a book
let us know if Perl is active/inactive instead of just letting us guess

All the apache servers I've worked with have let you configure both pl and .cgi as extensions if you need to, but letting us know which or both would be great

thanks for listening....

Danielx386

Reaction score
^ That a good point, I would like to see phpinfo() emabled again as well, maybe in cpanel?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
^ That a good point, I would like to see phpinfo() emabled again as well, maybe in cpanel?

phpinfo() was disabled for security purposes (actually, pretty much all the disabled functions are done so to prevent abuse and increase security). That obviously means it can be misused, so I wouldn't bet on having it enabled anytime soon.