Take a look at the design of my online portfolio & blog

god2234

Reaction score
I think it looks good but are you sure you did this yourself.

becuase i think i have seen this somewhere.

jayuk666

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am yet to sort out the resolution. If you are viewing the live example then it is an old draft. The later draft is a smaller resolution and can be viewed as an image in the first page.

@GOD2234:

I did make this myself. ,Like mentioned before, this is not the only style out there of its type. Many people have done this before, I simply re-created my own version.

alucardzelic

Reaction score
Nice design dude.. im sure you came up with this yourself... there are similar designs out there but your's have distinguishing features...for example the sticky notes...im going to agree that this is the most common design for porfolios...but if some of you wants to jump out of the box.. try photo manipulation... its kinda fun ... you can view the banner i made for my site... http://zeusdesign.exofire.net/ .. i tried looking for a stockphoto hand that is holding something but i could not find any.. so i just used this image http://www.flickr.com/photos/yyz/222986314/ ...
Edit:
your design is really good but there one minor setback...it takes a lot of time to load... i viewed your code... have you tried css layout?.. it is a good way to make your page load faster... on your header slice it up it is very huge... and do it in gif... to load faster.. because ie 6 has a problem loading png... a sample of using a gif that seems to act like png is...view the logo on my site it in in gif ...http://zeusdesign.exofire.net/

Last edited:

jayuk666

Reaction score
I searched and searched the internet for royalty free images. Sometimes I would download packs of sticky notes and paperclips. The only images I created my self were the tape (using brushes on PS), the Student ID, the Poloroids and the badges. The rest were found from free sites and some have been slightly changed in colour (like the sticky notes).

I am still unsure as to how to tackle the splicing, the only way I could figure it out with the use of rollovers were bv using transparent PNG's. Which meant IE6 would be a problem and slower loading times. When using GIF, the transparency and quality is poor.

I think I may have to rethink the design of my background. Possibly on the header and footer have a background of a bold colour and keep the desk background in the middle?

alague

Reaction score
Now it is time for my third site and third assignment in Web Design. I will be using this once completed and will be live online.

Here is my Portfolio / Blog (or as I like to call it... a BlortFolio)...

I went for a very personal, home-made look which seems to be very 'in' at the moment when it comes to portfolios. It's not to everyone's taste but I like it.

All critical views welcome :-D

MyPortfolio.jpg

Let me know any changes or improvement you think I should consider.

Thanks, Jamie.

Looks good man! I like the overall theme. I have my own "blortfolio" too LOL. http://iambulletproof.x10hosting.com/ im still in the process of modifying the old base theme for this template. :nuts:

jfclub

Reaction score
Yes mate. Like all sites I look at designing I get inspirations from others. I have seen a site with a phone and photos flat on the desk with pinned notes on. So i simply recreated what is actually on my desk today.

I was going to use tabbed links at the top but decided to use the links and relate them to the items on my desk as you can see. I think this has a good effect.

All layers in my PDF file I created except some Stock (royalty free) photos like the mouse, phone, paper clip and two sticky notes. (didn't know how to create the fold so used a stock photo).

This is my first photoshop draft.

The Real image canvas is 1024 x 768 (up to the edges of the lined paper).

It took me a while finding the right high resi desk texture!

I do the same. Get inspiration from other design. It's harder to come up with the design out of the air. Keep working on it. Its cool

jayuk666

Reaction score
@MODS - Please delete thread

Links Broken so Going to recreate one thread with all my updated work :)