Template: Black Forest

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Here's a new template I worked on a few days back. I just want some feedback on it.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Here is yet another template that I created because I was bored. I call this template Black Forest because the colors used are very similar to that of a forest when its dark (for example: the forst on my campus: RIT). In addition to being bored, the main reason was because I wanted to challenege myself into creating something unique and not something I would normally create. I am very much used to creating layouts for personal website but now here is something that can be used for multiple purposes. I hope you enjoy it as I have indeed worked hard on it. I would like to thank WebDesignerForum and Wauchi for their dedicated help. I was inspired to make this layout after viewing a masterpiece by Design-Direction.
COMPATIBILITY AND PROCESS

This entire layout was created using Macromedia (now known as Adobe ) Dreamweaver and Fireworks. I have Studio 8 installed on my computer so those who uses Photoshop or older version of the software I used may not find the same patterns/textures.
When I was designing and coding the layout, I kept on previewing my process in both Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 2. I have not yet tested it on any other browsers but it should not be of a problem. The functions are very simple and its coded in CSS which majority of the browsers are focusing on now. There are no transparent images so you should not get any defected images with pixelish background.

http://www.sazzadhossain.info/portfolio/template/darkforest/

Zenax

Reaction score
Again amazing work. I hope eventually I can be as good as you!

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Well I get my practice because my customers always want something different than what I normally do. Plus I have to present a good piece of work for my customers since they are paying large sums of money for a layout.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Sweet layout; I'd prefer a solid black background personally, but nevertheless it's still a great looking layout.

Rising

Reaction score
dont like banner or the background but layout itself is smooth

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
It's not valid because of a server error. My server crashed and therefore all recent modifications made to it had been lost.

Thank you everyone who commented for your suggestions and comments. If you wish to add more, you are welcomed to do so.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I'd consider this thread dead and should be closed. Despistado, enough with the resurrection of the 'rate my design' threads.

lionheart8

Reaction score
I live in the "template" ;)

Amazing, I live in Freiburg in SW Germany in the "Schwarzwald" or BLACK FOREST!!! :dunno:
Great template, otherwise :cool:

Irish Punk

Reaction score
it looks nice, the colors match, and the banner matches everything else. good job.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Wow, just wow. I love it. The only thing I have to say about is that the "Black Forest" font color is a little bit hard to read, but wow.