Test program for me please

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I have made a program which is meant to run the cpu to 100% load. But someone told me that it only runs cpu to 50% on dual core processors. Can someone people who have a dual core processor please test it for me? the url is: http://www.circuitz4u.com/cpu100.html (It works fine for me but all the computers I have tested it on have single core processors) thanks.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
It does not work correctly!
Your friend seems to be right CPU usage on a dual core computer averages out at 50%.

What pointless calculations does it do to use up all the CPU time?

Note - The cross in the top right corner to close the program doesn't work. I had to use Task Manager to close it.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
OK thanks can you please try running the program twice and see if that makes it use all CPU? Thnaks

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yea its a good easy program i found max cpu 100% for about 5 mins the temperatures stayed around 60'c which aint that bad when idle there floating around 30'c

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Last edited:

medphoenix

Reaction score
Tested on

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 4000+
MEMORY 1 GB

RESULT As shown on the picture below:
!!! One core is shown CPU's Full activity, other one is not Over all around 53% - 60% calibrating...

attachment.php

DESKTOP ICON cannot open the program saying one file is missing, and I opened directly from program files...

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yea i found the desktop icon gave error, File Not Found "cpu100.tkn" although the file is in the program files folder and i tried copying it to the desktop beside the shortcut and it works fine, seems a problem there :D

David_Tiger

Reaction score
just noticed as i was playing around :D that its the shortcut thats the problem, the installer is making the mistake because i went into the programs folder and created a shortcut of the cpu100.exe on the desktop and it worked fine, only the shortut created by the installer cant find the file.

hope that helps, Tiger

bigjoe4

Reaction score
just noticed as i was playing around :D that its the shortcut thats the problem, the installer is making the mistake because i went into the programs folder and created a shortcut of the cpu100.exe on the desktop and it worked fine, only the shortut created by the installer cant find the file.

hope that helps, Tiger

Yes thanks that helps, I wil try re-making the installer
Edit:
I have changed it to a self-extracting archive, can people please test. download from my site not softpedia http://www.circuitz4u.com/cpu100.html

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
ok i tried the new installer (uninstalled old 1st) works fine as it extracts all the files to a folder on the desktop in that folder open the .exe and working fine.