This is driving me nuts !!!!!

Are you 100% satisfied about the hosting from x10hosting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bin_asc

Reaction score
Am I the only one upset with the people that support the DC server?I`m not upset with the admins at x10hosting.I`m upset on the people who are supervizing the servers.I mean every single week the websites MUST be offline because the people there aren`t doing their jobs r have lame servers.The downtime is really worse.I mean ,how many of you have a website and wanted to be indexed by google,but missed it because right when google was crawling,the server was down.Isn`t there anything that we can do?Donate money r anything.Here at x10hosting,you really have the greatest hosting plans,but,don`t get me wrong,it isn`t the best.The only and I really mean ONLY thing that needs to be repaired is the large amount of downtime.What can we,the members and you,the admins,do about this thing?

Last edited:

Theberge43

Reaction score
This happens often ? :blink:

It's my first week here ... love the performance of the server and DB compared to my other free host, but my other one never had down time !

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Hey I really dont think there has been ALOT of downtime at all compared to other servers and free hosts out there. I`ve noticed a couple glitches here and there but for the most part this server has awesome uptime and plans and staff and..... I could keep going.

Theberge43

Reaction score
Ok ... I'll trust you on this ...
It's only my first week, and my PHPNuke site was running way faster than on my other free host ...

But my users don't like downtime :happy:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
there are very few moments of downtime
and even if there is any downtime it lasts for less than 10 minutes
x10 has the greatest hosting if you ask me

but i do wish the ftp would work for me.. it still wont for some reason

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bin_asc you try running a server filled with hundreds of accounts ;) think about that.

I have not seen a server that doesnt have problems.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yes Corey is aware Im talking to him now and he has submitted a ticked to the DC

Edit: looks like Corey fixed it! :)

Last edited:

Theberge43

Reaction score
Indeed !!! Yay !
Thanks Corey ....

Do we know what was the problem ?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, with paid hosting there are always problems but since people get paid for it they work on it as a full-time job and people rarely see the problems. No one here makes any money from this so it's all volunteer work when we have free time. Not only that since we do free hosting we get people who like to do illegal things, run malicious scripts, spam, etc...

Only a limited number of people have actual access to the server and when something goes wrong there is nothing we can do until one of those people come online. In the cases we need the DC to fix things, they can be a little slow... their range is 15 min to 3 or 4 hours.

So, in short... we all do our best and we have an awesome staff but there are always going to be problems. If eventually we get advertisers and make money we can spread out on more servers which would help but right now we can't ;)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.