Trick - WinXP Rotate screen

websoul

Reaction score
press CTRL + ALT + navigation key (any one to which u want to rotate, uparrow ,downarrow left or right)

Please reate it if u like it;)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't always work - if memory serves this is somewhat dependent on both the copy of XP installed AND the drivers for the card in question.

For me, Win XP SP2 Pro w/Nvidia Geforce 8800gt up-to-date drivers as of a few days ago when I installed it. I have to right-click on the NVIDIA Settings icon in my system tray to change rotation.

It's not a bad trick, but it won't always work, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work on your particular card/xp combination.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
It only works with certain graphic card drivers (ATI doesn't have this feature, but NVIDIA does). The only use for this that I can think of is if you had a projector of something that wasn't mounted the correct way up.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
This works on my copy of Vista with ATi drivers.

It also works on all copies of XP Tablet.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It only works with certain graphic card drivers (ATI doesn't have this feature, but NVIDIA does). The only use for this that I can think of is if you had a projector of something that wasn't mounted the correct way up.

I've got a better one we used at college actually - if you wanted to show the person in front of you something cool, you bent the monitor over (theirs were able to bend almost flat back), and flipped the screen via the keyboard. Worked like a charm, although I can't see this working much outside of that yea :(

tittat

Reaction score
I think this short cut is not of xp.But its of the graphics card(drivers) which we installed.Its called hot keys. Am i right?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I think this short cut is not of xp.But its of the graphics card(drivers) which we installed.Its called hot keys. Am i right?

Yes, it's part of the nVidia display drivers. And if you've got XP SP3 it probably won't work, quite a lot of things have been changed in the service pack.

-Luke.

Franc0

Reaction score
Yeah depends totally on Graphics Card Drivers.. doesnt work here. yo ucan always try to flip the monitor though upside down to achive similar results.

knmtftw

Reaction score
o_O flip monitor? U mean physically?

This works for me too, with recent Intel Chipset.

sunils

Reaction score
Thats not because of all that. you have a setting in the graphics card software. If you enable that, the above key combination works. Else it will not. You have an option called as Hot key. In your graphics properties, you have an option called as enable hot keys and enable rotation check box. That does this trick. Its not win xp shortcut key.

warlordste

Reaction score
thats old school and some of my friends are right it all depends on ur graphic poperties

sandfire1on1

Reaction score
Why would anyone consider this a 'trick'? I mean, it's really just part of the graphics driver's tools for projectors and the like... Those working at home probably don't read upside down, so this isn't useful really..

hamsn

Reaction score
it works only for adapters which are enabled for screen rotation

like intel 92915 adapters and many others nvidia variant

Scott B

Reaction score
This doesn't work for me, I have an ATI graphics card.
It works on my schools computers though (don't ask me why I was doing it there :p)