Ubuntu 9.10 released!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't noticed, Ubuntu 9.10 was put up for download this afternoon on both the FTP/HTTP mirrors as well as the Torrents. Right now I'm seeding every torrent ISO (I've downloaded them all already) out to the Internet using IPv4 as well as IPv6, so grab them from Torrents if you are downloading the new version of Ubuntu :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, just do a normal update. :p Only took 1 1/2 hours. (not counting the second HDD I had to install. (too many torrents))

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Normal update of course works. There have been quite a few torrent downloads today. I've been seeding since the first moment I began downloading and it's been going full speed all day (I download and upload at full speed when torrenting. I do not limit the speed, ever).

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah I know that it is released. But not now, I will test it later :).
Thanks for posting.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Can't you request a CD? That's what I usually do.

Of course you can. You can also request DVDs :) Here I have the resources to download a CD within 12 minutes on a DSL line and to burn a CD/DVD so I feel as though I can help contribute bandwidth to helping out downloads for other people as well as save someone the money for shipping a disk to me (and for that matter, making one).

EDIT: Checking my statistics, so far within the last 8 hours I have seeded roughly 5GB of data out to the Internet (I'm seeding all of the 9.10 ISOs including the DVDs) and I have downloaded 9.53GB of data. I'm almost at a 1:1 seed ratio :biggrin:

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
What's the difference between the CDs and DVDs? Do the DVDs have more versions of Ubuntu on it? (i.e. both personal and server editions)

Not really. The DVDs just have all of the language packs on them. Also the DVD disks are faster than the CD disks in terms of how fast the drive can read it.

See my post edit above for my Torrent statistics :)

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What are the new features?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't noticed, Ubuntu 9.10 was put up for download this afternoon on both the FTP/HTTP mirrors as well as the Torrents. Right now I'm seeding every torrent ISO (I've downloaded them all already) out to the Internet using IPv4 as well as IPv6, so grab them from Torrents if you are downloading the new version of Ubuntu :)

Awesome. I've been waiting on this :D.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Awesome. I've been waiting on this :D.

Cool. If you download the DVD ISOs via Torrent, help seed them. I'm still downloading both of them since there's only two people which I can find that have the complete ISO. They're seeding to me at a very slow rate while I take that data and seed it to everyone else. The DVDs have only downloaded 64% due to a lack of seeders :(

Also, IPv6 Teredo is supported for those of you who can't use IPv6 fully.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. If you download the DVD ISOs via Torrent, help seed them. I'm still downloading both of them since there's only two people which I can find that have the complete ISO. They're seeding to me at a very slow rate while I take that data and seed it to everyone else. The DVDs have only downloaded 64% due to a lack of seeders :(

Also, IPv6 Teredo is supported for those of you who can't use IPv6 fully.

HTTP bro. Got it within minutes.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
HTTP bro. Got it within minutes.

The normal CDs only took me minutes to download via torrent. I got those. The DVD ones are the ones that finished up overnight due to a lack of seeders. Those I'm seeding right now.