Unable to establish FTP connection

elsabethau

Reaction score
Tried to use elsabethau.x10.mx as host name, wqpqdjjy as username and same password as in cpanel, getting:

Resolving address of elsabethau.x10.mx
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".

Also tried:
Resolving address of elsabethau.x10hosting.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That IP is not one of the free hosting servers, I do believe it is a catch all IP however for our domains that are not yet resolving to a specific account.

There was a discovery of a DNS issue that mainly affects new accounts (but also anyone changing/adding domains in their account). This issue basically leads to the domains never being made public and are there for not able to resolve to the correct IP (think of DNS as a huge phonebook, where domain is the listed name and the IP is the phone number, if this fails the number is never known to the one searching, in your case the ftp client).

Since your server is x11, it would work if you use the server address for host (x11.x10hosting.com) in regards of connecting via FTP. However the site will remain unreachable until the DNS is sorted out.