"Under Construction Page"

jeffrios

Reaction score
I had an idea, not sure if its possible, but when x10 is going through these upgrades would it be possible to make a page that people with accounts that are being upgraded/copied their URL would display a generic page saying something like: "X10 is undergoing maintenance, this site will be online soon!" Its better than "Site not found"

Just an idea, thanks for your hosting x10!!!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it would be hard, since they would have to redirect the hits to another server

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
it would be hard, since they would have to redirect the hits to another server

?

They already do something similar with suspended pages - they end up going to staff.x10hosting.com (which, coincidentally, is offline for backups like the rest of the accounts XD ).

Paid's still up so they'd just need to redirect it to a page on Paid, but therein lies the problem already - with how many accounts are down, I shudder to think how quickly the load on Paid would exceed 10 and how quickly it'd die, cause there's a LOT of accounts down that'd be redirecting.

The idea's not a bad one, I just don't know if it's the best thing to have that many pages redirecting to one server, even if theres almost no processing required for the page. I mean even if you estimate 3000 on each of the 3 free hosting servers, that's still 9000 accounts being redirected to one server to serve one page. It could work, but how long would it take for that one server to overload and go down like the other three :(

Dan

Reaction score
That's a very good idea but as everyone else has said it wouldn't be one of the easiest things in the world to setup.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea but they'd need to get a whole server dedicated to the page s:

jeffrios

Reaction score
thanks for the responses. The difficulty is easy to understand. Oh well, I had to post the idea. Thanks