Unreal Tournament III Problem...

Swiblet

Reaction score
Hello, guys. I had downloaded UT3's demon a long time ago and was surprised to find that the graphics were HORRIBLE. It's like I'm seeing the fields through horrible glasses. This time, I got the real version and it has the SAME problem. I updated to the right driver for my card, I updated PhysX's software, and installed the UT3 patch. I changed all the settings every way allowed. It still bites. Don't tell me that it's due to pirating the cd or some lame excuse like that....that's not the reason it's not working.
Can someone please help me find out what's wrong with my game/system?

RAM - 2 Gigs
Card - NVIDIA Geforce 6150

~~B3N

enraged

Reaction score
It's your graphic card. It's below the system requirements IIRC.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem, as far as I can see, is the game itself.

Nothing you did, but from what I'm getting from random sources and reviews, UT3 is, simply put, Epic's largest turd to date. Not a good sign that I've had 13 people I know return UT3 and put rival games in its place (some grabbed the Unreal Anthology which comes with UT2004 Editors Choice, but most got Quake or Half life), and I'm talking die-hard Unreal fans.

Take their advice; go and trade it in for something better, and jump on the bandwagon later.

On a different note, I'm guessing it's a pretty damn big turd too - I had a legit copy that didn't work. The illegal one works just fine. What. The. ****. Never had a legit copy not work when a legit one does before.

Edit: Enraged's got a point though too; you need a 6200 or higher to meet the so-called "minimum specs" which aren't nearly enough to make it look not-ass >_<

Last edited:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Well I bought the legit copy, for some reason it was only 25 Dollars.... Yah it came with a CD key and Yea I can play online And No it wasn't from some hobo down the street, it was from Wal-Mart..

I have 2 gigs of ram, and a 8800GT overclocked like mad xD..
and a 3.0 GHZ processor.

It works great. It looks really good, but Look's aren't everything, the game play sucks badly. You move faster than the bullets, and online has like 900-2000 ms ping.... overall I'd not waste money to buy it. =P *too bad I bought my copy a place which is 500 miles away from me*