Upgrading Firewall & Anti-virus

Which Product Should I upgrade to?

• Norton Systemworks & Firewall (latest Version)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Norton Internet Security

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Mcafee Internet Security

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

NewFuture

Reaction score
I'm currently, running Norton System Works 2004 and Norton Personal Firewall 2004, I am wanting to upgrade though I need advice, should I stick with Norton, upgrading the products and maybe trying the internet security option rather than system works and the seperate firewall? or go with mcafee internet security (the latest version)

These are the two which im interested in, if any owners of either of them could give me 'pro's and con's' of either product it would be great,

Which should I buy?

Maurice

Reaction score
Anything that isn't owned by Symantec is fine =P. Why? Cause Symantec only hogs your CPU and does lame stuff rather then deleting it. Sure, it detects viruses while doing even nothing, but that isn't a feature that makes it go sky high against McAfee.

Haven't really used McAfee yet =/

Last edited:

NewFuture

Reaction score
im running system works and AOL, i was told a really bad combination

dino-m

Reaction score
I like Norton Internet security, but McAfee have faster scaning!
This is from my PC magazine:
1) Nod 32 20257 kb/s
2) Trend 8682 kb/s
3) Sophos 5757 kb/s
4) McAfee 5581 kb/s
5) Kaspersky 4715 kb/s
6)F-Secure 4411 kb/s
7) Symantec 3721 kb/s
8) BitDefender 1189 kb/s

M

minievan

Read My Post On '' Whats your antivirus'?'' you should find loads there :D

swirly

Reaction score
well i got dial up at my moms, and with macafee its kinda a pain to update because i screwed it up a bit but with some thing that happened its kinda messin up...macafee is good and nortons is ok but now that i have really used macafee i think its better so who knows?(and i think that its cheaper!)

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I think that you should go with Nroton Systemworks. It is one of the best. But next year they said they will make it EVEN better than them all!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
oye haha
why buy an antivirus or firewall..
norton is a mem hog dont use it

use avg and default windows firewall :D

knoxoqe

Reaction score
I like Norton the most. I have tested Mcafee various times and it gave me many windows problems, especially in performance.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I have a los tested MacAfee and I lost $50 on it. I installed it on my computer and It never went fast again. IT went SOOOOOOOO slow on startup and shuttingdown and on processes. Then when I deleted it it went back to normal.

Get Norton like I said. I just read a review on it on PC Mag. and they said it is the best but the firewall of it is not as good as ZoneAlarms.