Urgent need more storage please

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimdo

Reaction score
Thanks for the hosting over the last few years. Much appreciated.

My storage size is over the max set...
Is affecting functioning... Was on x07 unsure where move to now... (?? X11 )

108% storage
130% innode limit (no idea what this means)

Unsure what the original parameters were but current webpage states unmetered bandwidth and disk space. Screen shot below.
Kindly assist. Thanks

Edit: i deleted some stuff and cache to give me some temporary space. But the messages will confirm i was ovee, as already mentioned. Thanks

Screenshot_2020-02-08-00-30-15-883_com.android.browser.jpg

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You currently have two worpress installs, but only one appears to actually be in use. The one that appears to not be in use is taking up about half your diskspace (the x10host.com domain just display a link to the custom domain though it is a wordpress install). If it is just temporarily out of use that is fine, if it isn't really in use you might want to consider removing it.

Inodes are a hard limit, so that will not increase unless you switch to premium hosting. An Inode is a file or folder in your account, emails are included in this as well as they are stored as files in your account.

We had to stop giving out unmetered straight out of the box as people did abuse it fairly often (by uploading movies causing us troubles since they were illegall copies for instance).

We do however increase diskspace on request for user that have legit resons

muslimdo

Reaction score
You currently have two worpress installs, but only one appears to actually be in use. The one that appears to not be in use is taking up about half your diskspace (the x10host.com domain just display a link to the custom domain though it is a wordpress install). If it is just temporarily out of use that is fine, if it isn't really in use you might want to consider removing it.

Inodes are a hard limit, so that will not increase unless you switch to premium hosting. An Inode is a file or folder in your account, emails are included in this as well as they are stored as files in your account.

We had to stop giving out unmetered straight out of the box as people did abuse it fairly often (by uploading movies causing us troubles since they were illegall copies for instance).

We do however increase diskspace on request for user that have legit resons

Thank you for your response.

The second site is a test site were i apply major updates and do any major tinkering ( that have the potential to break the wordpress) before applying such changes to the main site. Once i finish testing the changes the index page is changed to a fixed page with a link, as it is at present.

Offline changes and updates did not always work once uploaded, broke the site in the past so i find this method the most practical.

I haven't done any major updates and tinkering in a while but was planning to do so in the next few days or weeks.

I would be grateful if you could restore the original allowance so i can do that. It think it was 1GB storage but not certain.

I have been with yourselves for some years, as you should be able to tell that i dont abuse the resources. I think the high inode is due to spam emails, will look into it.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

The second site is a test site were i apply major updates and do any major tinkering ( that have the potential to break the wordpress) before applying such changes to the main site. Once i finish testing the changes the index page is changed to a fixed page with a link, as it is at present.

Offline changes and updates did not always work once uploaded, broke the site in the past so i find this method the most practical.

I haven't done any major updates and tinkering in a while but was planning to do so in the next few days or weeks.

I would be grateful if you could restore the original allowance so i can do that. It think it was 1GB storage but not certain.

I have been with yourselves for some years, as you should be able to tell that i dont abuse the resources. I think the high inode is due to spam emails, will look into it.

Much appreciated, thanks.
Your diskspace have been increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.