using CuteFTP 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun Mac

Reaction score
this is my first time useing this and i tried to login but it kept getting me errors. like.

Code:
Unable to login.
This is usually due to an incorrect username or password. Check both for accuracy including whether or not Caps Lock is accidently enabled. If this error persists, check with your system administrator or hosting provider.

or

Code:
The connection failed due to an error or timeout.
1) Verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.

I was just wondering if anyone that has CuteFTP 7.1 would help me. Or maybe im not getting the host address right. If someone can tell me what it is. I tried

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

i dont know if they are the host address, it would be gladly if someone could help me

Gun Mac

Reaction score
I dont have a website yet ( trying to upload my website to ftp) or i got suspended. even though i can access my cpanel

Akkarin

Reaction score
Ok, the DNS takes upto 72 hours to set up, that may be why I can't see your site. Not sure about how ftp is affected.

But if it's been more than 72 hours, than you might want to amke a new thread stating your problem in support and wait for a mod to answer.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I recomend Smart FTP (Cute is a tril unless you bought it) Theres anouther good free one Somthing zilla and there realy easy to work. If i remember correctley Cute was kinda complicated.

Gun Mac

Reaction score
um i dont know when i got accepted its been awhile

Edit: Yea but when i use smartftp its says it found my username and password but it kept saying. Authentication failed, sorry

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
with smart ftp. your ftp should only be YOUSITE.x10hosting.com no www. or http://. just (exampel) (mine) rockun.x10hosting.com an the your login

Akkarin

Reaction score
There should be an ftp: at the start here's my login: The ftp address is, ftp.akkarin.pcriot.com
Then the username should be akkarin, because that is the domain name I have, and then you type in your cpanel password.

Gun Mac

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
There should be an ftp: at the start here's my login: The ftp address is, ftp.akkarin.pcriot.com
Then the username should be akkarin, because that is the domain name I have, and then you type in your cpanel password.

i have tried both ways it wouldnt let me.

Edit: If any x10hosting Administrator, if my site is suspened. Probably haven't been using it. Well, right now i want to use it. If there is any way i could get it back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.