Virtual Disc??

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If you already have ISOs of the files you're trying to run, Daemon Tools works fine. I've used it in the past and while it can be a mess to uninstall if you do it wrong, it works great. The software from Alcohol Soft is Trial-ware though.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! What I like to do is have a virtual hard drive, should of explained what I wanted to do. I'd like to have a virtual hard drive so I can run a few programs from it.
Thanks!

steronius

Reaction score
You could probably use Microsoft Virtual PC to create an empty .VHD, then use the Gizmo software i mentioned earlier. -- Let us know if it worked.

A better solution might be a truecrypt drive.

You could also try VSuite Ram Disk and configure it to save the ram disk (i.e. "enable image file").

captaindata

Reaction score
So whats a good prgram for a virtual disc/ hard drive?
Thanks!
prefer free

A company called DeKart has a free windows program called Private Disk Light that creates a virtual encrypted hard drive. Try getting it from

http://www.dekart.com/pub/products/Private Disk Light/current/English/PrvDiskLight.exe

TrueCrypt is also good, but Private Disk is easier to set up IMHO. Also with Private Disk Light the "container" file for the virtual FS can have any filename extension. I use ".zip". If anyone tries to open it the usual way, not knowing what it really is, they'll get a message saying it's a corrupted .zip archive.

On a Mac, just create a read/write disc image (.dmg file) of the desired size using Disk Utility.

Last edited:

mikulenas.darius28

Reaction score
This might be a longshot, but if you don't require a lot of space, why not just get a flash drive? You can run the software and have some portable data storage.