Vista Media Center Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the right place, regardless I'm having problems getting my google searches to explain the part I actually need the answer on:

I've got Windows Media Center and a new TIVO card, MC's recording things on a schedule quite well.

Here's the question - I know it's the Media Center Scheduler Service that actually triggers the recordings.

Do I actually need to have Media Center running in order to record something, or can MC be closed and the recordings record as normal?

Had to ask, I know if it's recording and I close media center it keeps recording, but I have no idea if it'll actually -start- recording if media center is closed, and the stuff I have recording today is stuff I don't want to miss, or I'd just try shutting mediacenter off and see what happens.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You do not have to have Media Center running in order to record or have the recording start on a schedule. Just as long as the Media Center services are in good shape and are running, everything should run smoothly. If you're manually recording and it's not on a timed schedule, you need to leave Media Center open. When it's recording automatically, you should see an icon down by the system tray clock saying it's recording.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Now if only Google will index this so the next guy won't have so much trouble finding the answer :)

Thanks much!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing thread on the thread starters request.

Status
Not open for further replies.