w3c valid xhtml buttons!

cowctcat

Reaction score
I am really annoyed when websites claim to have valid code but do not.
I followed the link on the forum home page and 34 errors turned up.
Not to be rude or sound crabby but i am respecfully requesting the removal of the valid xhtml icon

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the thing is, the people that make the sites when they installed their software HAD valid XHTML. When they start modding the crap out of it, and when they change the CSS on their own and stuff, that's when W3 starts to complain. but the site owner doesn't realize it (because they never click the links). I've already proofed my site on both XHTML and CSS, every single page of HTML as well and it's all perfect.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken the problem actually stems from the template - I don't believe it's a standard template, and as such it's likely NOT w3c valid.

The buttons themselves are probably left in from the template the modifier used as a starting block.

In an ideal world they should be removed, but to be frank until all server maintainence is done, I don't really think it's a big deal. I'd rather see the free servers up and stable than have the staff work to either fix the w3c errors or take the time to remove the buttons.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would actually complain about a button, let alone have it bothering them.. But, it's caused by the above.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this about a button?

http://forums.x10hosting.com/

Scroll all the way down, should see stuff like this: