What OS Do You Use On Your VPS?

OS?

• Total voters

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Opensuse 11.1, but I didn't have the option so I put other.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
when I had a VPS, I had Debian installed on it.

of course, I never got around using the VPS becuase I couldn't find out how to work it. xD

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Ubuntu 9.04

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
why ubuntu 9.04? I hate the new karmic koala it buggered up my pc, so i had to start again :(

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i haven't tried karmic koala, but the reason i use 9.04 is because its the only ubuntu available to select, other than 8.04 that was once available, but 8.04 lacked allot of support for stuff unless you went into back-ports.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Debian 5 on mine. I also run it on my home server.

--- Mr. DOS

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
why ubuntu 9.04? I hate the new karmic koala it buggered up my pc, so i had to start again :(

I currently have Ubuntu 9.04 on my PC. I had the a similar experience with Ubuntu 9.10. When 9.10 was released I was hoping for an improved better running system but found it to be a buggy mess. Fortunately I tested it on seldom used machine before putting it on my primary PC.

When I started setting up my VPS some time ago I was tempted to go with Ubuntu because I was familar with it, but, based on my research, it appeared that Centos was going to be easier to set up, use, and manage. I think Centos interacts better with Webmin and Virtualmin - both of which I use for GUI on the server. So far I have been very pleased with Centos.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Fedora Core 5 , the best in this category. Also CENTOS 5 is good