Which browser is best.

justnajm

Reaction score
A polling type question which browser is good, and what is their average of use :naughty:

admael

Reaction score
My favorite is Sleipnir but due to lack of updates, I'd say Firefox falls next, I use iE7 for simplicity when plugins aren't available for Firefox.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I use opera. It has a built in email client and is faster than firefox (at least for me).
http://www.opera.com/

When stuff doesn't work with opera I'll use netscape.
My last choice is IE

Trixter

Reaction score
Its SeaMonkey for me. Its fast, has a built-in Email client, basically its Opera but faster AND its made by mozilla. :D My second choice is Firefox .

If its a really badly coded page (and still wont load right with either of the first two) I'll use IE7 or the IE plugin for Firefox. :D

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I personally use Firefox with all its addons, it is a cut above the rest, and I occasionally use IE 7 when I see some site which does not run on Firefox...

Tomcenc

Reaction score
Firefox, has very useful features with great customization. IE tab for those sites that won't work in Firefox.

I love Firefox's tab features, if you accidentally close a tab you can restore it, up to the start of your session. You can even automatically open the same tabs you had again when you open Firefox. Even more, it remembers the history of every tab even if you closed it!

With add-ons as add-block plus, IE-tab, Firebug (I just love it), spell-check in multiple languages (build in functionality), FasterFox (to make it faster than most other browsers, otherwise it's rather slow), Greasemonkey, Stylish (to edit your favourite websites to suit your needs) and fully customizable menu bars it's almost impossible for any browser to beat it for me.

There's only one huge disadvantage of Firefox... it uses a lot of system resources.
Javascript in Firefox eats up CPU (well I got a very fast computer so hardly notice it, but when other apps are running...), long sessions eat up to 1GB of ram and it isn't the fastest in starting and closing either (when you look at the task manager, you can see it takes Firefox very long to close).

If I were to make a list:
Firefox > Opera > Konqueror > Safari > I.E. 7
If I would be stuck using I.E. 6 I wouldn't even surf the web, except for some important things. Worst browser ever.

Last edited:

shobz

Reaction score
yeah i agree firefox is the best you get a lot of themes for it, u can customize it to any extent with huge number of available addd ons///

*Face

Reaction score
Firefox. (the typical answer)

It's the best out of the "big 3" (Firefox, Opera, IE) in terms of usability. It has the best extendibility and the most thorough customization. Opera is faster, but it's also a ***** to use IMHO (compared to Firefox).

r3veng3

Reaction score
FIREFOX!!!! its the best out there! IE is trying to improve, much as opera.. though, i do like opera, they have a great browser for J2ME, especially the new update beta 4. it great. but for pc, firefox rules i think

iforgot

Reaction score
Safari. It's the fastest on mac, but I use Firefox or Opera when Safari doesn't work.

ArNoX

Reaction score
IE7 is the best one..becouse it is secure, fast and it looks great ;)

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Firefox is the best one - I use IE tab for all sites that require IE, even Windows Update! :biggrin:

Miles Attacca

Reaction score
I would vote Opera -- free, a good interface, and very lightweight (I can run the latest version, albeit rather slowly, on my 300MHz ThinkPad). However, I use Firefox full-time because I like all of the extensions. Its bloat does annoy me, but the expandability is a major draw, and my current system can handle it without a problem.

shivk

Reaction score
In my opinion Firefox is the best- with som many extension to enhance the functionality and addons of themes, etc. Nothing can beat it.

Things like Fasterfox, User Agent Switcher, DownthemAll, GreaseMonkey and many more like it, I feel nothing can beat firefox.

;-)