Which Web Browser you like most?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by amisopno91, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ChatIndia

ChatIndia Community Advocate Community Support

anybody who loves internet explorer? I am just wondering!

2. locogeek94

locogeek94 New Member

For programming and web work I use Firefox.
    For surfing the web, Palemoon (optimized version of FF) or Chrome.

3. wifiber

wifiber New Member

Same here. Chrome is much better with tabs, but on the other hand Firefox is generally better with having multiple Windows open.
    I prefer my tabs, so I stick with Chrome. :D

4. kurianjimmy1123

kurianjimmy1123 New Member

5. dpusasa.webmaster14

dpusasa.webmaster14 New Member

I too use Firefox, love the add-ons and customization. I also think that privacy feature of Firefox are 10 times more superior to Chrome. I mean I want "Icongnito" mode all the time in Chrome , not just manually opening a new incoginito window. Firefox has great options for private browsing and installed the JonDonym proxy add-on which makes it the best!

6. amisopno91

amisopno91 Member

Palemoon , hmm.. New browser for me .. Will test it for sure..

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Yes.. But I think Firefox also taking lots of memory now a days ..

7. mariannaguide56

mariannaguide56 New Member

Chrome is my preferred browser , in the past it was FF .

8. Jessica.C

Jessica.C Member Prime Account

definitely Chrome!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  9. amisopno91

amisopno91 Member

I am also going to give a try to Chrome! Firefox consuming too much memory nowadays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. wongers

wongers New Member

Chrome uses just as much memory as FF, id say more after you open a few tabs!

11. unrealad

unrealad New Member

Opera all the way for me. Been an Opera fan for 10+ years. I have Opera on all of my PCs, Opera on my phone, and Opera on my Wii. Opera Link makes is easy to keep all of my Opera-running devices synced. :cool:

12. unlimitedphoenix23

unlimitedphoenix23 New Member

SRWare Iron.
    It's basically Chrome, except they've removed the privacy issues because the normal Google Chrome sends lots of information back to them. It's small bits and data here and there but to me, this version of Chromium is a lot faster.

You could look at the changes made here or just go here and see for yourself.
    The site itself is in German, but the link above was translated with Google. Good thing the browser is in English though.
    The only downside about this browser is there's no auto-update feature. But I guess that's what you get when you want security.

Edit: You can actually still log into your Google email/profile and have all your other details from other Chrome browsers (extensions/themes/bookmarks/etc) synced to this browser as well. It's definitely one of the best browsers around and it's definitely stable. :smile:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  13. amisopno91

amisopno91 Member

Update from me: I recently started using Maxthon. Its freaking fast :D

14. corchit

corchit New Member

I use Chrome and mobile safari. Atomic Web is a good browser for iDevices.
    The built-in flash player for google chrome is cool.

15. yarlpavanan81

yarlpavanan81 New Member

I use Chrome that's good

16. elfdz16

elfdz16 New Member

Firefox here

long time ago used opera also

17. ellescuba27

ellescuba27 Member

Firefox, but I have all major browsers to test my site. I also use Chrome for Google and 3dvia stuff, it seems Google Chrome is the best browser for plugins, but Firefox is useful for a lot too, because it's fast, has a good web console, and follows the web standards best. IE8, 7, 6 were terrible not only in UI but also for web developers. Poor Web Console, does NOT follow web standards, quite slow. But there are some things that REQUIRE you to use it, like Groove 3d Player from Otoy. It is from Microsoft after all, and who else knows their own product better? But with the addition of IE9, I start to like it more. Better security, the Javascript has been all brushed up on, and the CSS is absolutely wonderful. One problem still... IT IS SLOW! IE might be fast when it comes to things like browser tests, but I just did a test that showed I had to wait five seconds for my homepage (Babylon custom search page) to load and for me to able to click the search bar. Compare that to Firefox! Two seconds... less than half the time!
    As for Safari, I can't judge because I'm on Windows, but it's slow for me. It will be faster for you because you might use a Mac, in which case it is faster.
    And Opera? It's fast! But only because, while it is good with the web, it lacks some things that slow it down to make it go faster, that are also key features. In any other browser, if you hold a key down, it keeps firing. Not Opera! You must keep lousy variables between whether each key is down or up. And a lot of browser plugins simply aren't supported. See 3dvia Player! One of my most used plugins isn't supported. It may be fast, but it's not good for what I use it for.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  18. yolarryd

yolarryd New Member

I use to be a mozilla firefox person until it started looking like chrome so I switch to chrome :p

19. Linkz0rs

Linkz0rs Member

Google Chrome forever.

20. xdevx10m

xdevx10m New Member

Firefox for web development, net banking and some other serious stuff,, chrome for everything else.