who's been the best president since 1970?

Who has been the best president since 1970?

• Richard Nixon

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Gerald Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy Carter

• Ronald Reagan

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • George H. W. Bush

• Bill Clinton

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • George W. Bush (in office)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theotherside

Reaction score
So your choices are (1) Richard Nixon (2) Gerald Ford (3) Jimmy Carter (4) Ronald Reagan (5) George Bush (oldest) (6) Bill Clinton (7) George Bush (In office). Who do you think has been the best president since 1970? Remember people, keep it clean and considerate. As for me, I say Ronald Reagan.
-The other Side

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Nixon! Reagan would be my second choice; basically, if it weren't for Nixon, we wouldn't have become such good buddies with China when we were suspicious about Russia..

What Nixon did was nothing compared to the shenanigans Clinton got away with (possibly still getting away with)

Theotherside

Reaction score
I do have to agree with you Spartan on the clinton thing. I never liked him, theres no excuse for the president to be sleeping around! And for sheer pettyness, did you know that Clinton had the people who worked with him break all the "W's" on the keyboards in the whitehouse so Bush would have to buy new ones! That just seems purile to me! Although, there still is the issue of watergate with Nixon.
-The Other Side

Jacob

Reaction score
Clinton was one of the worst, as far as I am concerned. As most of you know, my politlcal views are highly conservative, but you would have to be blind not to think Clinton was a terrible man to have in office, according to his values, not his politics. By values, I mean he received oral sex (source: wikipedia) from another women while in office and while he was married. That's not a good President to me.

ƒorte

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Clinton was one of the worst, as far as I am concerned. As most of you know, my politlcal views are highly conservative, but you would have to be blind not to think Clinton was a terrible man to have in office, according to his values, not his politics. By values, I mean he received oral sex (source: wikipedia) from another women while in office and while he was married. That's not a good President to me.

I totally agree. But he did plenty of other crap that screwed up the country and the world.

For example:

He freed Osama Bin Laden

He gave weapons secrets to North Korea

etc. those two alone should be enough to say he's a terrible president.

Theotherside

Reaction score
I agree with you both Forte and Jacob, In all aspects he was a terrible president. I know there was some uncertaincy over the Paula Jones scandal (He told her to have sex with him, then tried to block her exit as she left), but she recently took a lie detector test on tv where she passed; Her story checked out. It's horrible to think that the leader of our country could be so puerile, and inappropriate! With Jacobs choice, I do think the current George Bush has done a very good job, great job if you think what would have happened if gore and kerry came into power! Anyway, those are strictly my opinions, except those facts about Clinton and Paula. Thank you guys for the discussion:drool:
-The Other Side

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Theotherside said:
Although, there still is the issue of watergate with Nixon.
-The Other Side

Hah, the Watergate scandal is nothing compared to Lyndon B. Johnson getting us into the Vietnam War (even though during the Barry Goldwater campaign, Johnson claimed 'he would do anything to prevent war'), but this is a topic about presidents after 1970 :p

Also, the Watergate scandal once again is miniscule to John F. Kennedy's affair with Marilyn Monroe (he wasn't the only president in history who managed to pull off a "Bill Clinton")

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
WHO VOTED FOR GEORGE W. BUSH?!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You better hope I never find out who you are.

Last edited:

soten355

Reaction score
Reagon was a terrible president. The economy was terrible during the '80s compared to the '90s. Clinton did us good(but the best pres in history was probably Lincoln)

Theotherside

Reaction score
soten355 said:
Reagon was a terrible president. The economy was terrible during the '80s compared to the '90s. Clinton did us good(but the best pres in history was probably Lincoln)
Actually, Reagan did all the hard work, to get America to the great place it was, and by the time clinton got america, it was a well oiled machine. However, Clinton didn't keep it that way, he let it run down a lot. He was given a great county, and didn't return it that way.
-The Other Side

soten355

Reaction score
Theotherside said:
Actually, Reagan did all the hard work, to get America to the great place it was, and by the time clinton got america, it was a well oiled machine. However, Clinton didn't keep it that way, he let it run down a lot. He was given a great county, and didn't return it that way.
-The Other Side
If by hard work, you mean make the american economy terrible, then yes he did.
Reagon was part of the Savings and Loan crisis in the 1980's. Reagon supported segregation in South Africa. Reagon was senile, as could be seen in forgetting Princess Diana's name. article

Clinton, in fact, made the economy better. Monika Lewinski? Wasn't illegal, just adultry.

Theotherside

Reaction score
soten355 said:
If by hard work, you mean make the american economy terrible, then yes he did.
Reagon was part of the Savings and Loan crisis in the 1980's. Reagon supported segregation in South Africa. Reagon was senile, as could be seen in forgetting Princess Diana's name. article

Clinton, in fact, made the economy better. Monika Lewinski? Wasn't illegal, just adultry.

Anyone looking at both men with an open mind (all though impossible) would find that Reagan was not only a better president, but A better man. However Reagan did struggle with the beginings of Alzsheimers in his last term, he was still a better president. You can take any president and they will forget things. The first President Bush got michael Jackson and Michael Jordan confused, does that mean he's senile? NO! Have you ever forgotten something, if so, are you senile? Plus, Clinton gave military bomb secrets to china, had the morals of a prostitute (I'd even say less), and was a manipulative slacker. Clinton was a terrible president in my opinion.
-The Other Side

soten355

Reaction score
Theotherside said:
Anyone looking at both men with an open mind (all though impossible) would find that Reagan was not only a better president, but A better man. However Reagan did struggle with the beginings of Alzsheimers in his last term, he was still a better president. You can take any president and they will forget things. The first President Bush got michael Jackson and Michael Jordan confused, does that mean he's senile? NO! Have you ever forgotten something, if so, are you senile? Plus, Clinton gave military bomb secrets to china, had the morals of a prostitute (I'd even say less), and was a manipulative slacker. Clinton was a terrible president in my opinion.
-The Other Side
Well, I can't change you're opinion. Republicans are always stubburn. Senile isn't just forgetting one thing, but many. Reagan forgot multiple things, and multiple times.

Clinton? All he did was screw Monika. Sure, to some christians that was bad, but I have nothing wrong with it. Shoo, the man had jungle fever! What's a man gonna do?

And may I correct your "Clinton gave military bomb secrets to china". The sources I have researched say that China stole those secrets. Wikipedia and The COX report.

Manipulative slacker? What, does he stand around the outside of the white house with Al gore wearing a beanie and smoking a ciggeratte while he plays saxaphone?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Clinton gave bomb secrets to China? I knew that he gave North Korea our bomb secrets but I didn't know about China.. I thought China had the nuke way back for decades prior to Clinton's presidency..

Chris Z

Reaction score
wow i can't see why THIRTY-THREE PERCENT of people who voted in this poll VOTED FOR CLINTON? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE GEEZ, well jacob and the guy that replied to him basically cleared what i was gonna say, so that's just my little shpew

Node1

Reaction score
Bill, because he has kept america out of wars and kept the economy stable and growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.