would someone critique my site please

divebuddha

Reaction score
hey! your site has become so much better, some good changes, as a personal site (and as your own work) you have done many good improvements, Good job Dive Buddha! ;)

of course it can be better too, maybe with get help from a friend who has some experience of web-developing/design?

for example, one of the problems is flash colors and main site theme... the Flashes are very creative and fun, with light colors and your site is using a dark and not creative theme, they don't match together IMHO, you have a great photo collection and those worth enough to make a better site for them.
a friend in web development ?oo im listening and hope that was an offer :lockd:

as for the site im always open to constructive options as long as i get info on how to do it ?

is there an easy way of changing the css to something fun and colourfull without causing total mayhem

boelectronic

Banned
Reaction score
it's all depending on your own taste, you should never do what other people say, just follow your own opinion, because it is your own and showing people who you are and people by visiting your site and guess about your personality.

you have used White, Light Blue and colors such as it in your flashes which is recently added to your site, but in main theme you have used Black Background and a sunrise/sunset Beach in header, these are what I felt are not interesting together, but anyway I'm not expert and just said my own opinion.

I think a white background, light-blue for background of some parts of sites such as Menu Background and..., instead of sunset, a Blue-Sky or even one of the your picture with Blue as main color (you have many great pictures you have taken under...!).

I said it just as my own idea, you never should follow these, you need to express your own ideas and follow them!

divebuddha

Reaction score
it's all depending on your own taste, you should never do what other people say, just follow your own opinion, because it is your own and showing people who you are and people by visiting your site and guess about your personality.

you have used White, Light Blue and colors such as it in your flashes which is recently added to your site, but in main theme you have used Black Background and a sunrise/sunset Beach in header, these are what I felt are not interesting together, but anyway I'm not expert and just said my own opinion.

I think a white background, light-blue for background of some parts of sites such as Menu Background and..., instead of sunset, a Blue-Sky or even one of the your picture with Blue as main color (you have many great pictures you have taken under...!).

I said it just as my own idea, you never should follow these, you need to express your own ideas and follow them!
ive changed a few things this morning,to see what they actualy look like

firstly changed the body colour to white? yuk it looked totaly lifeless

i then put a light grey as a background colour and liked it

removed the pics at the top of the page and now it looks a little bit better :biggrin:

just need to find a picture that will do justice to the header of the template

again any input would be appreciated

phantasm74

Reaction score
very nice but it takes a little too long to load though. I would rethink some of think some of the background elements.

divebuddha

Reaction score
very nice but it takes a little too long to load though. I would rethink some of think some of the background elements.
im not sure i can strip it down any more friend

ive even taken off the animated gifs and replaced them with flash animations to give it some more speed whilst keeping the laod time down

unless someone can give me specific elements to look at i think at this point im as far as i can go with taking anything else away !

boelectronic

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

site itself is fine since the theme has not many graphic, the heave things are the pictures which you have posted with Original size, you may resize them to medium size with medium quality and "link" them to original size. put them medium size in the page and when click over it it will open the original size in another window, it's why you can do to help pages load faster.

Good Luck!

divebuddha

Reaction score
Hi,

site itself is fine since the theme has not many graphic, the heave things are the pictures which you have posted with Original size, you may resize them to medium size with medium quality and "link" them to original size. put them medium size in the page and when click over it it will open the original size in another window, it's why you can do to help pages load faster.

Good Luck!
will have a look at this later my friend !:eek4: