wrong confirmation email and advertisment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

boblake

Reaction score
Hi,

I've held an x10hosting account (advanced) here for a while and I love it here, but a few things I have to ask. One, I registered for a new account and used a different email, however it sent the confirmation email to another one of my email addresses. I was wondering why this happenned. Also when I clicked on the link n that email to activate my account, the page it brought me to said "error, You must follow a valid link to this page" so is my account activated or what?

Also I have the advanced hosting plan for all of my site, so I put the javascript in the pages according to instructions. However while getting this new site ready for upload I check back here for the code and couldn't find it, so I went to my old site stann.x10hosting.com to copy the javascript from there and paste it into the new site. I noticed that the javascript ads weren't coming up anymore. I don't want my sites deleted because of a problem, so what should I be doing here? do I just forget about the ads or what? Or is there a new javascript I don't know about? Please give the link if there is. I already did a search on here and got a page entitled ads, but it gave me a 404 when i tried to go to it. Anyway, the prospective site in question is registered as tkclan.x10hosting.com so if anyone has any help or if an admin reads this please help. Thanks for your time.

bob lake

boblake

Reaction score
its not for me its for a clan im doing a site for, im handing over the 'keys' after i get it all set up for them. Thats why the separate email address. That's why i couldnt figure out why my confirmation email came to my address instead of the clan address that i registerd it with.

Zenax

Reaction score
OK, so i can't relaly understand why the email went to your orginial adress, but I might be able to help you with your porblem with the ads.

All you have to do is visit the following page@

http://www.forums.x10hosting.com/ads.php

That technically should work, just copy the code required and place into your web page, then you should be ok!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Zenax

boblake

Reaction score
thanks zenax, the ads are working now. I was just worried they'd cancel my account if they stopped by and saw no ads showing. They actually just came back up by themselves early yesterday morning. But thanks for posting the link, I couldn't find it for the life of me, lol. This time I shall bookmark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.