x10, and you?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Just bored, thought i'd start up a How did you find x10, and what has been your experience with the service/staff?

I will start off. I found x10 while looking for hosting for a company site I was developing, I got suspended for inactivity, then decided it would not happen again, so I posted a 1-liner, got an infraction from an ex-staff. Corey posted a bulletin looking for staff, I applied then began helping like crazy to show I knew what I was doing. A few months later, got the staff invitation from another ex-staff.. Made it to the 'top' as an admin, and loved every minute of it.

Working with x10 staff was awesome, they were usually helpful, and fun to talk to both here on the forums and behind the scenes. In case you can't tell, the staff really does care about x10, and it's members. They will usually bend over backwards to help. I have had my share of sleepless nights, and calls and txts. ;)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a similar story, instead I did not get suspended nor got invited into staff. I did apply for an opening, but they updated their requirements and I did not satisfy one. I kept posting under the forums. Somewhere before or after that I changed account, because I left for two months or so. Now, I went into the community helper thingy :p

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I was referred here by my brother Swiblet. He was an account manager for a short time a while ago. I also had a hard time adapting to the forum rules and conduct. I was infracted twice, once for telling people to pm admins, and the other time wasn't my fault. I got suspended many times for inactivity. For a while, I set an x10 login script as a hidden iframe on my yahoo! homepage.

Then I started to see x10's true value. I started posting productive posts, and helping out randomly. I started posting with eloquent language (ten times more than now). I started to want to become an x10 staff member, so I helped out a lot building my reputation. I submitted my application, which scored highly but I was denied simply because I was 14 at the time (a rule that was made after I applied Russ). Then I got busy with learning programming and left for the most part.

Now I am back, and still help out just for the sake of it. I come whenever I have time instead of all the time like I used to. I finally got this forum thing down, and now I post in a more casual manor. That is my history with x10.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I found x10hosting when I was looking for free webhosting for my first site. I found x10hosting in you tube video. Try to register here but my country was blocked, then i host my website on another webhost.
I don`t like that webhosting and try to signup on x10hosting again on Feb 2009. This time I got success.
I created my first website and all was going well, suddenly I receive a large number of infractions due to my mistakes..
Now I become a Community Advocate on 24 jan 2010. and enjoying this beautiful place.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I found x10hosting while looking for a free web host. I started being active in the forums and came to love this community. A few months ago, I became a Community Advocate and I truly enjoy helping out fellow members here.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I found out about this host from another website which was hosted here years ago. When I finally decided to move off of my home server so that I'd have some bandwidth to play around with rather than a server saturating the upload, I considered x10Hosting and they seemed to be the best choice at the time. I'm happy here.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I found x10 through free-webshosts , Once I registered, I jut used to login and logout to just have it recognized my login to fulfill 14 days inactivity login, Once the staff asked for staff I applied but I was not selected, may be because I don't post more. But after some time I found solving others problems interesting and started posting then mean while they introduced the new user groups, slowly I achieving the positions and Right now I am community Advocate and looking forward to help more. ;)