x10 Hosting Forum Cannot Login with Opera or Chrome in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
Anna:
The issue did appear under the past couple weeks, quiet a while after the theme was installed, not sure if there were any updates done in between though.
Actually it has been ever since the Forum was changed and that was months ago.
All I have been doing for the last few months is logging into Account Panel and reactivating the account whenever it was suspended.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I am surprised this issue has not been fixed.
It may not be so bad if someone either got the template switcher working so users could switch to vB4 Default Style, (it does not work at the moment in Linux-not sure about winblows - 'all your resources').
Alternatively the quickest way to resolve this for Opera and Chromium users is to put a Login Link into a menu item that takes the user to a Login Page.

'Simples!'

meerkat.jpg

A decent Rule of thumb to templating is to accept that the default Screen Resolutuion can be as low as 640 in width.

If templating correctly, ie with percentages, there will be no problem with any resolution.

This is what I see in Opera and Chromium:

x10-forum.png

Why Mess about?
Set the template forum width to 100%, it does not need these margins.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am surprised this issue has not been fixed.

for me this issue HAS BEEN fixed

Ubuntu with Chrome

Ref my post above at #6 above at 09-17-2011 06:55 PM

=============================================

Why Mess about?
Set the template forum width to 100%, it does not need these margins.

there are threads as to why it WILL NOT WORK when set to a % such as 100%
for other users

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but you can still login to the forum even with this problem persisting. Just click on a Post Reply or Create Topic button, and it will send you to the login form.

theone48

Reaction score
Yes, it will send to the form, but if there are any problems, it may not appear. As bdistler said however, the problems seem to be fixed.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, my iPad still shows the non-working version. Maybe I should try clearing it's cache...

theone48

Reaction score
Hmmm, yeah maybe that might work D-i. By the way, I did install Google Chrome. This is what I've found:

Pros vs. Windows Internet Explorer 8:
Faster loading of flash-related content than IE8.
Bigger viewing area.
Better compatibility with site apps.
Slightly quicker site loading in general.

Cons vs. IE8:
Site loading is touchy and does not always work.
Is less patient than IE8, the message to reload (IE's refresh) a page appears more frequently because it won't wait as long for a page to load.
The buttonless interface leaves no way to operate functions. How does one save a page, copy, paste, etc? Perhaps the functions are there, but I don't know how to access. Do you?

Overall, except for the lacking features of IE to save etc, I like the bigger viewing area, faster loading and better compatibility of Chrome. Thanks.

progets201040

Reaction score
I can login to forum from Opera.But the issue is I found blank page at first time login to control.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I found blank page at first time login to control.
Are you talking about the Account Information Panel or the Forums or cPanel?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The buttonless interface leaves no way to operate functions. How does one save a page, copy, paste, etc? Perhaps the functions are there, but I don't know how to access. Do you?

1) You can use the standard shortcut keys (that work in all apps unless the developer has done something wrong): CTRL+Z to undo, CTRL+X to cut, CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste, CTRL+S to save, etc. Learn them -- they'll save you a lot of time and trouble using your computer since you'll never have to search a toolbar for the right icon or click several times to use the Edit menu ever again for the most common functions.

2) Your mouse/trackpad/trackpoint/digitizer tablet has at least two buttons. Have you ever tried using the right-hand one? If you have selected text and the cursor is over it, Chrome will give you options to do things with the text. If you're over an image, you'll get a list of things you can do with the image. If it's just "somewhere on the page", you get a list of things you can do -- including saving or bookmarking. They're called "context menus", and they're a standard feature of Windows applications as well. Right-clicking is the second most useful trick you can learn after the most-common shortcut keys.

3) If all else fails, it's not a "buttonless interface" -- click on the wrench for most things. The star is the address bar is for bookmarking -- it's yellow when the page is bookmarked already.

theone48

Reaction score
Thanks for that essellar. I've been experimenting since and have found the basic useful functions for Chrome. Oddly, with both explorer and Chrome installed, explorer won't allow google to become the default browser. I'm afraid it's war, lol.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just updated the theme... is this still an issue with people?

theone48

Reaction score
No wonder I noticed something different about the pages. It's got a greener tint. That's great Corey! Personally, I like gold tinted (adds a positive shiny feel, but maybe it's just me. hints to my favorite color...), but this pastel look works just fine. Guess we'll just wait and see how the responce turns out.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Been tested on Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, and IE7-9 it shouldn't have any problems with the logins however there may be some other problems depending on what operating system you are running and whatnot. So... let us know if you see anything wrong.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm thinking "major improvement" myself. I never had an issue with login or anything of that nature (my smallest monitor is obscenely wide), but the pages seem a lot lighter now, everything's pretty snappy, and the line-length is a lot easier to read.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Very much so digging this one; this also seems to be a fixed-width forum theme which means if you have too small a screen, rather than stuff getting messed up, you get a horizontal scroll bar. Everything seems dandy awesome! :)

magicstruck44

Reaction score
ah.. seems better.. at least i can turn off compatibility view in IE9... but does that mean that it is now broken for IE8-? haha.. coz it looks partially broken on IE9 compatibility view...

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I don't think so... when I checked it didn't look broken. Comparability view is strange it breaks things =/ probably because compatibility mode uses IE7 standards and not IE8. Just double checked, looks fine in IE8 the only difference is that there are no rounded corners :p since people still refuse to use "border-radius"

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
New theme looks a lot better than the old one :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the new theme is excellent, and looks much more professional that the old theme and fits with the standard x10Hosting website; nice job Jake! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.