x10email.com seems to have a problem

csc2ya

Reaction score
I'm unsure whether i'm posting this in the right place, so move it if it's in the wrong place please.

I got an x10email.com address a few days ago. It seems to work fine for sending e-mail, but I cannot receive any e-mail at all. i've tried sending from my own personal domain, my co.cc subdomain on google apps, my gmail address, and i've also tried changing my e-mail address for my account here to my x10email address.

On all of those, the address never receives anything (including the validation e-mail to change my address here).

On doing an mx record lookup, it appears to be using mailservers on aol's network, when on every domain i've ever set up on google apps, i've always had to use mx entries that point to google's network.

I would send alejandro an e-mail to let him know, but I would assume that no x10email.com addresses can recieve e-mail til the mx records are corrected.

For reference, the correct mx entries are as follows according to the help pages:

Priority Mail Server

1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

10 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

10 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have one and seem to be receiving mail fine.

csc2ya

Reaction score
Strange....i've just tried sending another e-mail to my address, and it's not receiving any e-mail.

I just tried another mx lookup site, and it says it's using the correct mx records, but I still cannot receive email on it.

I have no spam filters set up on the address yet, so I don't think it can be blocking the e-mail.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're not getting mail. I'll bring this up among staff and see what they say about it.

csc2ya

Reaction score
I've sorted it....I think....turned out to be my settings. I'd set it to archive e-mail, and forward it to another address.

I've since changed it to keep it in the inbox and forward it, and it now appears to be receiving e-mail with no problems.

Edit: it appears to just be e-mail from here that it's not receiving now.

I tried changing my e-mail on here, and never received the validation e-mail.

I ended up having to change it to my gmail address so that I could revalidate my account.

Last edited: