X10Gaming CS:S 5V5 Tournament

Chris73

Reaction score
I would like to announce that this Sunday x10Gaming will be holding it's first 5 on 5 Tournament.
This Tourney will be bracket style. If you win you advance if you lose you are out. It will be played on a map that has no objectives. Meaning i have chosen ScoutzKnivez_HC as the map. This is a map that has 2 weapons your scout rifle and your knife. I have also enabled mugmod. Not that you can spend the money. But to hear*OWNED* after you just knife your opponent to death is exciting.

This map has sv_gravity 150.
We have just finished setting up a fast download url. So downloads should be quick.

We have to have at least 2 teams signed up. If we only have 2 teams signed up then it will be the best 2 out of 3.

Map time limit will be set to 15 minutes.

I am thinking the time for the tournament will be set for 1pm eastern(-5GMT=6PM) time.
Please be signed up by no later than 2 hours prior to the start of the tournament. So i can set up the brackets and you can see who you will be facing. Once i get the brackets set up i will post the time your match will start.Thanks

So get your clan or get your friends and get practicing.

How can you pass up a chance to earn credits and have a blast while doing it. Doesn't get any easier.

The winners will split 5,000 credits. If this goes over well then maybe there will be a few more events in the future.

I will need you to post your Forums User name and your 4 other team members forum names. If they do not have accounts here then you will be awarded the 5k credits. Now if 3/5 have accounts here then we will split the winnings up amongst you.

We will be setting up a additional server just for this event. This server will only have this map and will be online sometime later today. That way for the people who don't have that map can go to that server and have it downloaded. Plus you guys will be able to hone your skills in on that map :)

Last edited:

Imatate

Reaction score
Looks good, what time is it in GMT, i might have a go? ;D

Imatate

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm no good at time conversion.. there are too many times in the world.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm no good at time conversion.. there are too many times in the world.

Quick assist on that: doubleclick the clock in the system tray, and click the "timezone" tab.

It'll say something like (GMT-06:00) Central America.

What that means is you take GMT, and go back 6 hours to get your current time.

The time the tourney starts at is 1pm, -5gmt. Add 5, you get a GMT of 6:00pm (aka, 18:00 if you do military). So for me, the tourney starts at noon :)

@Chris73: Might wanna put that it's at 6pm GMT, so others can use the GMT-##:00 thing in the clock easier - one step instead of having to add 5 to 1 first :)

Edit: Another example. (GMT+01:00) West Central Africa. The GMT for the tournament is 6pm(see above for how I got that), but this time you'll notice it has a plus instead of a minus. Instead of subtracting an hour like we subtracted 6 in the other example, ADD an hour. The tournament starts at 7pm if you're in west central africa :)

I found this all out the hard way too - screwed up the recording times on the tv cause I was a time-zone off.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
making people Fly is NOT funny in a tournament.. in a 4fun maybe but not tournament ¬¬

Chris73

Reaction score
Yes but anyone who has ever played scoutzknivez knows that the map has to have it. That map was specifically made that way. If you didn't have low gravity then that map would be worthless.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
this is that one that people get live in a house and have some bridges and stairs? and map is all white/light gray?

if is that wan, then probally is ok ;P

AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i wanna join T___T
but css is expensive and i just have cz >.<

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I would like to play, but I've got an upper level calculus test to study; I might join spec and watch a few rounds though!

Chris73

Reaction score

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't I have end of quarter tests. I would like to test to see if I have my pro cal skills anymore but I don't have the time.

Chris73

Reaction score
Re: X10Gaming CS:S 5 on 5 Tournament

Would just like to mention that the tournament server is now open. The tournament map will be set to play 24/7. Go hone your skills. I added bots set to level 1 so they don't beat you up.

Might help if you had The IP : 74.86.116.189:27016

scoutzknivez_hc

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Ok well if no one signs up in the next hour and twenty minutes i will be post pone tournaments until after the plan in action goes into effect.

Details to follow. So keep an eye out for new and exciting things :)

Chris73

Reaction score
Ok well this thread can be locked.

Look for some upcoming news.
Relating to x10Gaming :)