x10hosting compatability with dreamweaver CS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I am currently running Dream weaver and the ftp works really well with x10hosting. There is no good reason why it shouldn't work. Remember that you will need to setup the ftp user under cpanel -> 'ftp accounts'.

The ftp information will work like this.
ftp host: ftp.(your domain).10hosting.com

Setup this user in the cpanel -> ftp accounts section
ftp username: (your username)
ftp passoword: (your password)

Last edited:

alpha136000

Reaction score
what do i enter for the
"what folder on the servers do you want to store your files in?"
Do i just enter my directory for my site sources? or somthing?
complete idiot -.-

LHVWB

Reaction score
It depends on where the root folder of your ftp user is, you want to always upload files into the public_html folder so that you can actually see them on your website, you can also create more folders within the public_html folder if you want to.

tittat

Reaction score
you need to upload files like index.html to public_html.
But if you have addon domains and need to upload there you need to upload it to public_html/(addon domain folder)

FireLancer

Reaction score
You don't need to create accounts for this as you get a ftp account with full access to start with

Username: <your cpanel username>
Password: <your cpanel password>
folder: public_html

Last edited:

alpha136000

Reaction score
well apparently i dont have a public_html or a index.html file/folder...
Edit:
How am I suppose to create it? :O? all i pretty much have at the momment is my homepage -.-

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
On your hosting account, you do have a public_html directory. That is where your files will be stored.

You currently have a default index.html pre-installed ( unless you removed it ) on your hosting account.

woiwky

Reaction score
You've definitely got one. Where are you looking that you don't see it? In Dreamweaver's remote host directory listing? Perhaps a screenshot would clarify things. I believe you must be looking in the wrong place.

tittat

Reaction score
try to browse for public_html via the file manager.You will definitely see it unless you delete it.

alpha136000

Reaction score
Well am i suppose to look for it in dreamweaver or in my x10hosting.com cpanel?
Edit:
im still not getting anywhere :(

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Here are instructions for making a site with dreamweaver.
http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingstarted/dreamweaver1.shtml

When it comes to setting up the ftp information, you can go to cpanel -> 'ftp accounts', here you can create a new user, with these settings.
Login: (ftp username)
Password: (password)
Directory: "public_html"
Making the directory for the new ftp user "public_html" will mean that you won't have to muck with any settings in dreamweaver.

Make sure that you get your username correct in dreamweaver, it should be the (ftp username) which you entered before when you created the cpanel username but with an '@' and you site directory added to the end. You can view the full username in the cpanel under 'ftp' accounts, your ftp server will be ftp.(your domain).

Hope this helped. :)

Xemnas

Reaction score
If you're still having problems finding your public_html folder, log into your cPanel, which is your site's address with :2082 appended to it. For example, http://example.x10hosting.com:2082 (you'll have gotten a separate username and password for it). Scroll down until you see "File Manager" - click on that and tell it to open up to your public_html folder. Once the File Manager's loaded, it should show you the contents of your public_html folder. If you still can't find public_html, post back saying so; a higher-up staff member would need to look into your issue.

Last edited:

alpha136000

Reaction score
well when i press file manager it comes up with a couple of options:

home directory
Web Root (public_html/www)
Public FTP Root (public_ftp)
Document Root for: alphakevin.exofire.net

which one should i choose? :eek:

LHVWB

Reaction score
well when i press file manager it comes up with a couple of options:

home directory
Web Root (public_html/www)
Public FTP Root (public_ftp)
Document Root for: alphakevin.exofire.net

which one should i choose? :eek:

Choose "Web Root (public_html/www)", it says that because there are two folders called "www" and "public_html", which contain the same contents, both folders contain your actual website.

alpha136000

Reaction score
err this is my result

x10hostingdreamweaver.jpg

what do I do now? o_O?
Edit:
o yeah and when i click on index.html robots.txt etc it will come up asking if you want to change the name. and errm yea :)

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Well that shows that you have a 'public_html' directory, you can use the file manager to edit your files if you want by selecting them and clicking on the edit button, just click yes if it asks you for an encoding.

But you wanted to use dreamweaver, what is showing up in your site within dreamweaver when you connect to the remote host?

If you follow the steps in my last post for setting the ftp and dreamweaver site settings, then it should work.

alpha136000

Reaction score
ok i just right clicked and downloaded index.html err so i just type in the path for index.html on dreamweaver? i have no public_html as you can see on the screenshot -.-

LHVWB

Reaction score
ok i just right clicked and downloaded index.html err so i just type in the path for index.html on dreamweaver? i have no public_html as you can see on the screenshot -.-

You actually do have one, but if you set up dreamweaver correctly then you are looking inside of it, this means that the remote site on dreamweaver is inside of the public_html folder and you don't have to worry about it, you can upload files using dreamweaver and then view them online by going to (your domain)/(file), its set up properly.

eg "www.example.x10hosting.com/index.html" will show the index.html file which you just downloaded, all you need to do is change it and upload it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.