Xbox or Playstation 3?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm almost betting the reason behind Linux not running so well on the PS3 is that it wasn't optimized as well as it should have been for running on a Cell Processor. Keep in mind, game developers when the PS3 first came out were having a hard time programming code for the cell.

No, Sony limited the RSX so that 3d games could not be run.

Jesse

Reaction score
Go for Playstation 3. It's much better than Xbox.
That's my opinion of course... lol. hehe.

henstya

Reaction score
This is true but you have to factor in PS3 blockbusters like Killzone, God of War, and LittleBigPlanet. I have a Xbox 360 and I would trade it in for a PS3 (wish I could dig up $299 somewhere). The PS3 is the future. Granted I would miss Halo and Gears of War (love this game) but the fact that the PS3 has Blu-ray and I would no longer have to fork out another $50/year for online play makes it way worth it in my work.

That is true, PS3 has its own set of exclusive good titles.
You're totally right about the $50 subscription thing, I just wish PS3 had more appealing exclusives to my taste then I may trade the 360 in for a PS3.

*P.S - My bad, GTA 4 DLC's are Xbox exclusive only, but GTA 4 is also on PS3.

backinaction

Reaction score
I agree that you will get bored within a month on the Wii, I suggest the PS3, it has also come down in price with the new slimline edition!!

techmunchies

Reaction score
I have neither, I actually do not own a system! I love the PS3 though, and some of the games on it, but in the future I'll probably get an XBOX 360 due to the fact that the XBOX and the Zune have tight integration abilities, and I want to get a Zune HD! :)

Clinton

Reaction score
I have neither, I actually do not own a system! I love the PS3 though, and some of the games on it, but in the future I'll probably get an XBOX 360 due to the fact that the XBOX and the Zune have tight integration abilities, and I want to get a Zune HD! :)
What exactly are these tight integrations. As is, Zune has a pretty wasteland of an "app" store and I don't know about theier music catalog but Apple pretty much has the big names on covered...not to say exclusively covered.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
At least, the buffed up PS2 got a blu-ray reader!

Last edited:

jokerbox

Reaction score
Xbox 360 for me! I had a Playstation 1 & 2, but the PS3 does nothin for me, i have friends with PS3's an they either dont play em or have traded them in for an Xbox. Seems that the PS3 has the better hardware but a serious lack of decent games. I have an XBOX an even tho u have to pay to use Xbox Live its cool an worth it.

skai123

Reaction score
Get the Xbox 360, as the PS3 is just a buffed up PS2.

LOL if the ps3 is "just" a buffed up PS2, than the 360 is an anorexic xbox, look at the 360 faint left and right... lol

atleast the ps3 isnt using last gen tech....
blu-ray> dvd,
slot loading > disk tray,
wifi> no wifi (addon),
internal power supply> brick power supply,
hdmi > no hdmi (original 360 has no hdmi) microsoft even said it's not needed at look at them now :shifty:
bluetooth> wifi/wire (xbox 360 core used wires for controller)
etc

dxtcmix

Reaction score
I personally have both consoles, and i prefer my PS3 over the 360. Iv had the PS3 since it came out, and never have had issues with it. Then i decided about 3-4 months ago to buy a 360. Well within 2 months my 360 already had to go in for repairs (yes its a new Jasper Unit). Iv found the PS3 to be more Reliable, so really its what kind of games you are looking to play, Both have Titles that are exclusives. PS3 has free online play, and actually a pretty decent community now.