Xbox or Playstation 3?

kinley3

Reaction score
i love my 360, but i'm not a hardcore gamer at all...i own 5 or 6 games that i play fairly regularly, but for what i use it for the 360 is perfect

skai123

Reaction score
what do you mean by that skai123 ?

nevermind, just remember there's the arcade for 199, but it's pretty useless for almost everyone because it doesnt include a harddrive... unless your xbox got RROD or some other problem and you're out of warrenty...

best platforming in 2009? what you mean ? 2009 isn't even over yet, and what platform game are you talking about on the 360?

Last edited:

arizonapcrepair

Reaction score
I am going to go with XBox simply because it has all the games one could want. PS3, not so much, but they are definitely getting there.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
After page 6 I gave up on reading the same stuff over and over. So I am sorry if I say something said before, but hey, wth, let me give my 2 cents worth.

With the release of the PS3 slim at the same price of the xbox 360 Elite. It is a slightly different ball game to a year ago. The PS3(120g) slim released in South Africa cheaper than the PS3 current price :s Upset almost every 80g PS3 owner here.

That put aside, plain and simple, the xbox 360 is more for serious gamers.

I think the controller is far more ergonomical to that of the PS3(which hasn't changed much since the PS). You can use a standard USB keyboard on the xbox 360, never tried a mouse. The xbox 360 controlls are compatible with PC(either via the wirless USB reciever or the wired controllers just plug straight in).
Yes the xbox360 is a far more restricted console to the PS3. You have very restricted access to the hard drive, you can only stream media to it over a network as standard. I recomend just getting a decent size external hdd. and put all your media on it. I do preffer the xbox 360 interface and the ability to get to almost anything from anywhere with the xbox button and the blades. The fact that Microsoft doesn't want us to be able to browse the net from the console sucks.
The ring of death on the xbox is supposed to be a thing of the past, but I would still recomend getting a 3 fan intercooler and leave the fans running when ever the console is on.
Looking at exclusive titles, then you are pretty much stuck with what ever platform they are for. But Final Fantasy XI & XII are both avalible on the xbox 360.
The PS3 is more of a all round home media player than the xbox is. Thats because Microsoft still wants you to buy windows media center :s Which is about the only thing the xbox interfaces with(that and WMP11).

If you bring the Wii into the picture, then the console itself is really nasty and not even in the same class. It gains big points though for its playability and as Nintendo have always done in the past, they have shown how outdated hardware can still get a foot in the door.

I went with a xbox 360 arcade(got a 512mb memory card with it), a 20gig hdd., Nyko intercooler, 2 white controllers, 1 black elite controller, 1 steering wheel.

If xbox gets the Natal motion thing right, then that would tottaly nullify the Wii. In the youtube video it shows a xbox 360 pro in the TV unit :) They all doing this funny holding the air steering wheel thing :s The Wii steering wheels are the hardest thing to controll, I end up holding the thing at funny angles all over the place. My xbox 360 steering wheel is a much easier to controll, even though the feedback can snatch the thing out your hands.
The thing that Natal would have over the Wii, is that you could hold a plate or even a real momo steering wheel :) Grab your 9mm gun, empty the clip and shoot at the screen :) Forget that silly little plastic tennis racket, use your own real one or even your golf clubs.
Edit:
After seeing Meet Milo, my jaw hit the ground -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluWsMlfj68&NR=1

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It's gonna be really funny to watch people play it for real!

mesenberg

Reaction score
i like xbox because all my favorite games are on it! I guess I'm not enough of a gamer to be more than a one console guy. lol

sunchat

Reaction score
PS3, it has blu-ray, technically better than the 360, graphics are better on exclusive games, we have netflix too now, we have our own official Lithium Forums @ boardsus.playstation.com. And we have a monster 12-volt fan, you think the xbox 360 has one of those?

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
i've grown up w/ the xbox, and i feel the online experience presented by microsoft is a better experience than that of sony.

but atm, i'm playing on the ps3 because of the bad company 2 beta (which is now delayed for pc until jan :( )

Last edited:

fosters

Reaction score
I own Both consoles and if I were you I would go with the 360. The only games for the ps3 that I found I liked were what i felt as knock offs of a 360 game(Resistance = Halo). otherwise the game is multi-platform(COD). The PS3 may be rated for better graphics but the only way I use them is for using the internet to watch movies or online movie rentals. The PS3 also plays more video files than the 360.
Hope that helps. ... Someday there will be a game for the PS3 that will make it worth getting that dominates any 360 version of the game.

xPlozion

Reaction score
if i have possibility of cross platform gaming, i'll choose the pc every day. if not, i'll go w/ ps3 for racing (cause i have a wheel)/exclusives or xbox (any other games that aren't on the pc)

midgie

Reaction score
What system you should buy comes down to what you WANT in a system. I personally would go in this order: Wii, PS3, Xbox360

I had a 360. I have tiny hands and the controllers are uncomfortable. Sometimes even painful. The thing broke TWICE. An Elite. TWICE. I'm not even kidding. Red ringed. Two separate systems about 8 months apart.

It has a lot of GREAT features. It used to be that the only reason to get a 360 over a PS3 was the features. Now the PS3 has a lot of those features. They have most of the same games. So unless you are tied to Halo, Fable...

The Wii is a family focused system. It's a lot of fun, and I've not known anyone who had one break. I know a family of 7 that has had the same one since release. They haven't even had to buy new controllers. We got the kids a Wii for Christmas. Now, this system will get a lot of play in my house, but in other homes, not so much.

TL;DR - What system depends on what you want.

che361

Reaction score
Ps2 FTw :)
I seriously recommend you to buy ps3 since in about 2-3 years you would regret buying x360 as it will be outdated and ps3 will most probably dominate the market for atleast 5-6 more years.

redwheel

Reaction score
PS3

It had a slow start but it has caught up and surpassed the 360 now.

Pros

• Blu-ray technology
  • No ring of death
  • PS3 and PSP connections-Ad Hoc Party, Remote Play,Demos
  • easily install other OS on ps3
  • Recent PS3 Sales > then Xbox360
Neutral

• Exclusives- both systems now have a large variety
find out which ones you like. Uncharted , Halo, Killzone,Last Remnant
Final Fantasy (sort of),Little Big Planet. Google for some updated lists.

• Price- Constantly competing get the slim
  • Social networking sites compatibility
  • Cross system Games

Cons

• Online Network features of ps3 are a little behind but there has been a buzz about pay membership coming out with lots of rumors about juicy features
  • Events- there seem to be alot more tournaments and product placement for the 360 in the US due to Microsoft support

Other things to consider

• What do your friends own
  • What controller feels right
  • Do you have a hi-def/blu-ray movie collection
  • do you have a history with either consoles predecessors

P.S. If you can go PC & PS3 that covers most available games

websitedude

Reaction score
This is a brilliant debate i have the xbox but was originally going to get the ps3 but the xbox range is better (arcade,pro and elite) ps3 should of done this then it would be more affordable if you don't want a huge hard drive. I like the free internet on ps3 i think its stupid on xbox you have to pay to use your own internet but the server on xbox is miles better than ps3.