Xp&vista

aaronj10

Reaction score
So, I've been Snooping arround a bit with Xp and Vista, I've seen a few things actually multiple, that I like.
But the main thing I want to ask here is, what would you think if Xp's ability with games, and Vistas set up came togeather like a Vista-2.0 or somthing..
that would be amazeing and at that, if it came as the main OS when you bought a new computer as I did with my laptop.
In that, there would be less money being spent to upgrade your computer that runs on Vista so it can play games like XP.
What do you think?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I personally am not a very big gamer. I used to have Windows Vista, but I downgraded (or upgraded, as I call it) to Windows XP because of massive compatibility issues. I'm more of a programmer than a gamer, and I use different kinds of software. Windows Vista was incompatible with lots of programs I wanted to use. Also, I found it ridiculous that you have to give yourself administrative permissions to do something that you originally induced in the first place.

Either way, for what I think you're talking about, the operating system wouldn't be the biggest impact for playing games on your computer, it would be the hardware (like graphics, memory, etc.).

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I haven't found many, if any incompatible programs on Vista. It's just a matter of getting the right ones. :)

If you play newer games (especially ones optimised for DirectX 10), you'd probably be better of with Vista as its graphics capabilities are far superior to XP's. Also, XP is pretty much obsolete, so why bother getting old software?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows Vista 2.0 is supposed to be Windows 7. I already have and am testing out 7 on my gaming machine via a Virtual machine, so I can't play games on Windows 7 (but I can at least launch them to see if they execute). As per Vista's compatibility issues, I've never come across one one bit. I'm running games such as Starcraft on Vista 64-bit :) . Really, if Vista sees an application that it can't run using the normal modes, Vista will start an alternate desktop which emulates Windows XP that has an gray background and it'll try to execute the program from inside that desktop. This has only happened once to me, and it was when AVG (back when I used to use that at Version 7.5, moved to Avast after AVG 8 came out) decided to show a pop-up window/notification to me.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i really hope that the final release will better support games cuz the beta versions have some dificulties but it could also be the machine im running it on

aaronj10

Reaction score
i really hope that the final release will better support games cuz the beta versions have some dificulties but it could also be the machine im running it on
Yeah, I agree, I'm not too low on Money for say, but I would honestly rather pay the ammount that is reasonable for the machine and OS than, the Machine, OS, and what ever else I need to add to it.
it's just a big waist of money in my oppinion..
But, hey.. We can alwayse hope right?:dunno:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I haven't found many, if any incompatible programs on Vista. It's just a matter of getting the right ones. :)
My biggest issues were from WebDisk and TI-89 Titanium link software, two of about ten problems. I asked the x10Hosting forums for help on the WebDisk, and I got a lot of suggestions but none of them worked.

aaronj10

Reaction score
aww, that's unfortuante adam :( i wonder if there would be any way to get to Speak with the CEO of Microsoft, and see what's the deal and if they would ever re-concider/concider makeing a OS as I discribed above.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
aww, that's unfortuante adam :( i wonder if there would be any way to get to Speak with the CEO of Microsoft, and see what's the deal and if they would ever re-concider/concider makeing a OS as I discribed above.
... lol I don't even know what to say to this.

Just to let you know, this is ridiculously far-fetched. I know I'll never be talking to the CEO of Microsoft, and even if I did, he wouldn't take my rants seriously. Microsoft is very well aware of all the problems Vista has, and I don't even need to discuss anything with anyone at Microsoft.

aaronj10

Reaction score
:nuts: I know, I'm crazzyyy righttt??
Be like, "Microsoft, take my Rant's and Raves seriously Vista needs improvment now!:rant2:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:nuts: I know, I'm crazzyyy righttt??
Be like, "Microsoft, take my Rant's and Raves seriously Vista needs improvment now!:rant2:
huh? did that post have a point?