Your FAvourite GUI?

blackroselove

Reaction score
Hello everyone i think you lot already now what a GUI is... hopes.
If you dont its the Graphics User Interface .. eg. your start bar and your Desktop Enviroment. Now you know what it is tell me what your favourite is. Many might not be able to answer this as this comes mostly across the linux users. But If you have a new GUI for Windows type it here and we can search it up.

Which Is Your Favourite GUI?

Simple Example list.

KDE.
FluxBox
BlackBox
Gnome
Standerd Windows
etc...

List um here to see what people think of different GUI's and so we can test them out for ourselfs.

Earth KING

Reaction score
I like Windows Classic(for Windows 2000/Me) and StyleXP(Windows XP GUI). I'm not sure whether Aero(the Vista theme) is going to get everyone to hurt everyones eyes.

You might want to include OSX.

azntechguy

Reaction score
For Linux, I prefer KDE, because that was the first desktop environment I was immersed to and always used up to now.

For Windows, I prefer the "Windows Classic" look. Though, that's probably more of a theme rather than GUI, but whatever.

blackroselove

Reaction score
good to see people's favourites coming out and to my self i dont like the classic look... its to plain .. yes it allowes you to run at a faster rate as it doesnt use as many resources and proccessing power but when you've got a decent pc you havent got to worry. and kde is still my favourite for all linux distros

Chris Z

Reaction score
mac os x, i love that look, my grandad has like two apples (a g5 desktop and a g4 powerboook or something like that) but i just love their graphics design i lust after his computers... :p

dharmil

Reaction score
i like the ones in the appel computer i dont know what they are called but i like them

Chris Z

Reaction score
are you talking about widgets, dharmil? if not i don't know what the heck you're talking about :dunno:

blackroselove

Reaction score
okay im going to be naughty and slighty change the subject.... ive just install ubuntu and i want you guys to suggest a GUI for my linux machine. The GUI that comes out with the most votes i will probably use and have the old standerd one on as well wen all else fails. And i will leave a comment on here what i think about and review it here later.

xnoobandrew

Reaction score
well, i'm new, but for windows. Maybe windows xp with WindowsBlinds and Vista Skin.
I like the buttons. They just look orgasmic, they're rarer then xp buttons..cause everyone uses them these days in there apps, and some come naturally like programming in new languages that require frame work etc.

Languages: C.Net, C#, VC++, J#, Delphi .Net..

Torch

Reaction score
My favorite GUI...hmm, it is probably no GUI at all :)

I've been using computer since like I was old enough to type on keyboard, so I still remember well when all had to be typed in DOS. Even today I sometimes open Command Promt in XP if I want to do something real fast.

But anyway, my favorite GUI for XP is just a classical one with all effects, animations, wallpaper and what not turned off. I prefer speed over looks and cut on everything unnecessary that takes up system resources.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Mine too is XP..but either a vista skin or the classical...but sometimes i use the Blue Luna Theme...which is the default

Cubeform

Reaction score
Windows XP's default theme looks like it came out of a Fisher-Price factory. I'm currently using XP's Royale theme.

Favourite GUI? KDE and Aqua (Mac OS X).
Aqua because it's slick and not processor-intensive...
KDE because you can theme it to look like Windows XP and potentially fool someone :lol:

clareto

Reaction score
ubuntu is designed for Gnome and Kubuntu for KDE

My first computer was a macintosh plus (1986). Its gui was by far better than the dos console screen. (For those who have never seen the Macintosh Plus Finder Interface, some screenshoots are available here http://www.redfoxcenter.org/MacOS/MacOS/System-60x.html)

Now using WinXp i feel exactly what i felt using mac-plus, but Mac OsX is much better than the current win GUI.

noratoe

Reaction score
I like the Windows XP Media Center Edition theme. Plain old Luna is too boring. Since I'm a windows fan, that's what I stick with.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I like KDE, it's very cute! and very simple in some thing but... i have to say that i haven't tryed an other one

EsotericSociety

Reaction score
I don't change my GUI much. If ever, actually. I just stick with the default. I don't know why, but I get sick of the others very easily.