Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I Don't Know/Care

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I Had an Idea every week in the gaming lounge I'm going to post something different on gaming every week, it will have a poll and everyone gets a say.
Make sure you follow the forum rules, NO ARGUING!

So what is your view on Project Natal

For those who don't know about natal:
You Are the Controller.
Introducing Project Natal, a revolutionary new way to play: no controller required. See a ball? Kick it, hit it, trap it or catch it. If you know how to move your hands, shake your hips or speak you and your friends can jump into the fun -- the only experience needed is life experience.

Project natal is a motion sensor rig for the 360, more info at: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

I think its a real good looking project, if it can do what it says it does I will be buying it the day it comes out!
Thats me anyway, the motion sensor is much better than the wii and it has voice recognition? What else would a gamer want for fighting, racing and shooting games!

So what is your view good, bad, like, dislike post your thoughts here!

mc se7en

Reaction score
It looks good, but considering that MS will make it, I don't have very high hopes for it. It would be great if it could be pulled off correctly, but we're talking MS here. "Red Rings and Blue Screens" should be their slogan for crying out loud. :D :p

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Two Words.

Sega. Activator.

I think it's "nuff said," but just in case it's not:

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-activator-the-crappiest-game-peripheral-26148.phtml
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/a-look-back-sega-activator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Activator

The Sega Activator was an octagonal game controller for the Sega Genesis that used infrared screen like beams to interpret movements. The Activator was placed on the floor, and the player stood inside the octagon, punching and kicking to break the light beams and send signals to the Genesis. There were upper beams for hand moves and lower beams for leg moves. It was marketed as a new type of martial arts simulator. The light beams were also easily distorted by a non-flat ceiling, or obstructions, such as beams of a ceiling fan or light fixture[citation needed]. It did not see much commercial success[citation needed]. Few games were designed to be used with it, including Eternal Champions, Mortal Kombat and Comix Zone and could also be used as an alternative to the standard 3-Button controller.
The Sega Activator was based on a musical instrument called the Light Harp conceived by musician and martial artist Assaf Gurner (also president of "Interactive Light Inc.")[citation needed] It was brought to market by Interactive Light under a licensing agreement with Sega.[citation needed]
My guess is that since this is like the -last- tech I remember having this kind of idea, it probably is going to do what the Activator did: fall flat on it's face.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah but project natal is much better than the sega activator in my opinion,

I believe that Project Natal won't fall flat on it's face like the sega activator did

sidhosti

Reaction score
It looks like a good idea, but then against so did the wii motion sensor idea, it depends how it performs in reality. The other thing is will gaming be serious after natal? will they use natal in serious games like call of duty?

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
It looks like a good idea, but then against so did the wii motion sensor idea, it depends how it performs in reality. The other thing is will gaming be serious after natal? will they use natal in serious games like call of duty?

Gaming will be serious still, yeah Microsoft had planned to use the technology for all games including the suppposed next pgr, planned to also integrate it to call of duty, tony hawks etc... It will perform better than the wii since you don't need controllers, it scans your complete body and tracks it, it also checks your face skin color.. etc and logs you into the xbox..

It was announced at E3 and supposedly it was really really good!

skai123

Reaction score
IMO atleast 90% of games will be all casual games, like the wii... even from the trailers of natal, it showed 100% casual stuff...

saying it will perform better than the wii because it has no controller, is different from reality... yea, no controller and all will be good/cool, but i think that will only be good if it's virtual reality.

it also wont have the precision/speed of a button, where most if not all hardcore/serious games needs...

I rather have something to hold...

Clinton

Reaction score
I can and will live without it. No reason to waste my money on it. I doubt it'll catch on with the public even if they spend a ton load advertising.

skai123

Reaction score
I can and will live without it. No reason to waste my money on it. I doubt it'll catch on with the public even if they spend a ton load advertising.

don't doubt advertising, a couple of months before halo 3 came out, there were advertisement everywhere, and i live in Canada. I can't imagine what they did in the US... and garner massive hype, and sold a lot first day...

since they drop the CPU in Natal (they are not thinking about the future by dropping it, only thinking about near future... profits) and will probably still price it between $60-$100 [like their hdd, wi-fi add-on]
and i think price wouldn't have mattered much if they kept the cpu, look at wii-fit, sells like hot cakes and it's priced at $100.... well i guess microsoft will earn way more $$$$ per unit sold...

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
don't doubt advertising, a couple of months before halo 3 came out, there were advertisement everywhere, and i live in Canada. I can't imagine what they did in the US... and garner massive hype, and sold a lot first day...

since they drop the CPU in Natal (they are not thinking about the future by dropping it, only thinking about near future... profits) and will probably still price it between $60-$100 [like their hdd, wi-fi add-on]
and i think price would have mattered much if they kept the cpu, look at wii-fit, sells like hot cakes and it's priced at $100.... well i guess microsoft will earn way more $$$$ per unit sold...
You do have a point. They'll slap it all over mountain dew again. heh

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
meh $100 is cheap enough around €60 here thats if it does do what its meant to, if not ill be f****** pissed!

websitedude

Reaction score
It is a good idea but i reacon it will cost more than an xbox 360 arcade becuase of the technoology in it and that is simply to much for an accessory for the xbox if its within £100 i will but at the doors of a shop when it comes out making sure i get it

skai123

Reaction score
It will not cost more than xbox arcade.. because they took out the CPU in it... i'm assuming anywhere between 70-120$ (USD)

indashadows

Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool... Looking forward to see what they come off with.. Heard the pricing would be around 100$ not sure though

skai123

Reaction score
I think it's really limited on what games can do with it... You can use a controller with it, but it defeats the whole purpose of Natal (controller free)...

The creator of the now called Project Natal, went to Sony first but Sony said No, and then went to Nintendo, and they also said No... That leaves Microsoft...