Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii?

• Playstation 3

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters

batistablr

Reaction score
Would you rather get a Playstation 3 or a Nitendo Wii? I would get a Playstation 3 because

1# It has the more fun games.
2# Awesome graphics.
3#Overall menu layout, feature, setup, etc.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Neither. One is too expensive, and the other gets boring.. FAST!

Processing power of the PS3 is useless for the next few years until they can make games that can fully utilize the hardware potential.

Wait until the fall of this year for the new 360 elite with the new smaller and cooler processor.. Halo 3 FTW

dest581

Reaction score
I vote Wii. It's still fun for me, and there are some cool games coming out.

On a side note: Can some mod do a spelling-fix on the poll? :D

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I vote Wii. It's still fun for me, and there are some cool games coming out.

On a side note: Can some mod do a spelling-fix on the poll? :D

Fixed it

I vote PS3 as there are 2 main games I want coming out for it, Gran Turismo HD and Grand Theft Auto!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Wii. GTA will inevitably be out on PC, and my pc didn't cost $600+ to outfit.

Plus, NiGHTS Journey of Dreams is launching as a Wii exclusive, and I'm a NiGHTS nut :) Kinda seals it for me speaking that I spent $300 or so getting the saturn and the game used, and it'd cost about that to get a wii and NiGHTS ^_^

And I can't justify another $600 purchase; I'm already working on a Wacom tablet, and those are $90 for the most basic POS they have XD

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
PS3. After 3 weeks with the Wii you will get bored. :)

Thats what everyone says.

+ The PS3 rocks. :)

Last edited:

valor

Reaction score
I vote Ps3. Graphics are great! Played the wii, i dont like the controls for it at all :(

valor

Reaction score
Well, i got bored of the DS after about 2 months. Didnt find any more games to be fun for it.

Zenax

Reaction score
I choose the Wii, beacuse of the family like quality of the console, and also because of the price. But thats a whole different ball game.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Would you rather get a Playstation 3 or a Nitendo Wii?
Neither, get a 360. But if we do have to have this conversation...

1# It has the more fun games.
360 has more. Then again, PS2 has waaay more than that. And it really depends on your definition of FUN.

PS3 doesn't really have that much in the way of any games right now. And quite a few of the Wii games are quite fun.

2# Awesome graphics.
360s are better. Case in point: Gears of War.

But compared to the Wii then yes. But it is over twice as expensive as the Wii, what do expect?

3#Overall menu layout, feature, setup, etc.
Again, 360s dashboard is better. Live Messenger integration coming with the next dash update, XBL is second to none, double concavity console rather than the morbidly convex PS3.

But the Wii channels are actually quite cool. XMB can get very unweildy with large amounts of files.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Also you must consider the internet capability.

Since PS3's internet functionality is free (I don't know about Wii but I think it's free too), Microsoft might lower the price for XBL. EGM predicts that Microsoft may even make XBL free if Sony gets in the lead..

Free Halo 2, GOW, and Halo 3 multiplayer games online? Yeah, talk about straining the power grids here in the US

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Also you must consider the internet capability.

Since PS3's internet functionality is free (I don't know about Wii but I think it's free too), Microsoft might lower the price for XBL. EGM predicts that Microsoft may even make XBL free if Sony gets in the lead..

I wouldn't have thought so. Its pretty good value for all the other services you get I recon.

And Sony's service won't overtake XBL anytime soon in terms of subscibers. XBL 360 has over 6million members; sony haven't even sold that many PS3s.

And when the Live gaming service goes over to PC in full force, that number is going to rise very quickly. There are hundreds of millions of PC gamers.

jake04

Reaction score
I love zelda thats why i bought a wii

this post is from my wii :)

reichiru

Reaction score
I would get a PS3 because one, I already have a Wii, and two, there's some pretty sweet games that I wanna try out.

H*Bad

Reaction score
I prefer the 360. But I chose PS3. Only because it has real graphics not like that Wii thing.